Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best GT

best GT

Not sure how big this GT was as i released it. It was caught on one of my lures (skirted) 9 1/2 inch blood back. Trolled up on TLD 50 with 50lb mono Stren with 80lb leader. Happy Days.....

Re: best GT

speedylures,

thats not a gt its a friggin fright train, i bet that gave good account of itself.
    weldone mate top effort!

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

Oh my god, mate you need a saddle for that thing.
    Awesome fish

cheers

top effort buddy! keep it up!!
    (when Im dead) my biggest FEAR is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.........

Thats a nice chunk of fish mate,Good to see
    En el amor y la guerra, todo hueco es trinchera.

Thats an awesome GT mate.

One of my targets this year....To spin up a monster on popper.
    Anything over 20kg will do nicely.

Pete

Speedy, that is a bloody beast!

Pete, you going up to the Whitsundays again this year? What's your best GT thus far from up that way? What gear you running for casting big poppers?

Cheers
    RB
    searchin' for my lost shaker of salt

That's a stud mate, a balltearer .

Bit bigger than my biggest of 14 kg.

Cheers

I think I might have you there Jase. Pop around to Samsons and check out the pics of the one I got with him 2 seasons ago. Well over 40kg. They are big fish for this far south.Thats still a cracker fish. What did he weigh? I read a spearfishing magazine article with one they speared on fidos that same year of 55kg. It was an animal. Only got one this season of 17kg. Still they are great fish. Keep up the good cobia results. Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Bull View Post
    Speedy, that is a bloody beast!

Pete, you going up to the Whitsundays again this year? What's your best GT thus far from up that way? What gear you running for casting big poppers?

Cheers
    RB
    Hey Angus,
    Dont talk to me about those Whitsunday GT's...

Seen about 25 Monsters up that way up to 30kg......Very hard to get a strike from them as in many areas there aint much run and its clear water.

Hooked one on my first trip and got busted on the jetty pylons.

Upgraded the gear this year to a Dogfight 80lb Braid and the Shimano GT special (which is a very well priced rod).

Pete

Ok here's my best. Caught on 50lb and 100lb leader on a driftied squid bait intended for cobia. It was released (only jaw gaffed as in pic) and went 40kg on the scale. Caught off Townsville about 3 years ago (I'm on the left)

Got this one on 30lb braid with 50lb leader on a popper as well. didn't have a set of scales or an oppurtunity to weigh it cause we released it. what weight would you guys call it at?

He'd be close to 30kgs i reckon

Cheers Rod....

yeah 30kg easy, probably closer to 35kg

it's hard to tell with GTs. i find they are generally heavier than they look. But it doesn't matter what there weight as long as you have the pictures to prove it. That way no one can dispute it.