Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best GT

Re: best GT

Here's a GT from the swains........Attachment 33414

i like the look on the GT's mug..."yeah what"
    fantastic fish ppl...did you get to weigh that GT Dannoz???...would 38 kilos be out of the question???

Mrs Benno1

Ha ha thanks heaps!!! That was actually my brother and his fish but I dont think I will ever beat that !!! I think it went 39.5kg and was caught on a 40cm long cod for bait !!!! My brother caught the cod at night and the deckie said "lets whack that on for bait" and we were like what !!!!
    Anyway it was caught on the deck winch with something like 160lb line so not much of a fight but I have never seen anything stick it to a big deck winch like that GT did, I would hate to know how it would have gone on the end of a rod!!!!!
    Strap on the water ski's !!!!!!!!

Caught up north QLD in 3m of water over a shallow reef. Got him on squid when fishing for Sweet-lip on a shimano charter special 30lb line.

Lost 4 others that morning, we couldn't stop em with the gear we had. this puppy is the only 1 we got in

Here's another. Not my best only at about 20-25kg. Caught on live squid using a tld25 spooled with 50lb fins braid and 80lb penn 10X leader on a 6/0 circle hook.

best GT

speedy thats a huge GT mate well done

speedy man nearly as ugly as the owner i'd give you 30kg, don't kwow about some of these others though i think they got pounds mixed up with kilos. See ya on the water bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by speedylures View Post
    it's hard to tell with GTs. i find they are generally heavier than they look. But it doesn't matter what there weight as long as you have the pictures to prove it. That way no one can dispute it.
    Youre right there speedy...

I got one recently that I called for 20-22kg but looking at other photos I reckon he was a good 25-30kg.

I look often at the nomad website and Damon Olsen calls fish for 18kg etc and they dont look anywhere near that....BUT its hard to judge because like you said they are very thick throughout.
    Here is the fish in question...

Pete

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

Here's one from Cairns. Not weighed or measured but probably a bit larger than average for here.

Thats a good one steve....whats your weight guesstimate on that one....

looks 30kg..?

Pete

Ausfish Platinum Member scuttlebutt's Avatar

To be honest Pete I think it would fall well short of 30. I've been taking scales with me on the last couple of trips (hasn't been for a while with this wind). 30kg is an awful lot of fish.

cheers,

steve

Quote Originally Posted by scuttlebutt View Post
    To be honest Pete I think it would fall well short of 30. I've been taking scales with me on the last couple of trips (hasn't been for a while with this wind). 30kg is an awful lot of fish.

cheers,

steve
    mmmm....Thats exactly what I mean.
    the photos are very deceiving when it comes to GT's and I reckon most people call them way heavier than they actually are.
    Arrrghh well who cares....Any GT over 15kg is a powerfull oponent anyway.

Steve,has the weather improved up there at all...??
    Still windy..?....Shouldnt it be coming up to more stable weather for you leading into summer..?

Pete

This is my first GT over the 2kg mark. Caught off Moreton and was not weighed. Any weight guesses would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneMore View Post
    This is my first GT over the 2kg mark. Caught off Moreton and was not weighed. Any weight guesses would be appreciated.
    Cracker fish JustOne More...

See that looks 30kg to me...

Pete