Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hot Snapper Bite

Re: Hot Snapper Bite

Awesome stuff, awesome footage

Well DOne

Excellent video.

Just out of interest when the second rod goes off in the rod holder, I notice you do something with the reel - does this let the fish run with the lure until you get the first fish in and can then get to the second rod?

Just curious because I often have my second rod go off when I'm fighting a good fish on my first rod and have never been able to work out a good system to get both fish from a double hook-up.

Cheers,

Chris

welldone willo better than watching the fishing shows on tele

Quote Originally Posted by caliban View Post
    Excellent video.

Just out of interest when the second rod goes off in the rod holder, I notice you do something with the reel - does this let the fish run with the lure until you get the first fish in and can then get to the second rod?

Just curious because I often have my second rod go off when I'm fighting a good fish on my first rod and have never been able to work out a good system to get both fish from a double hook-up.

Cheers,

Chris
    Yeh Cris
    With the rod in the Holder I'm using a Shimano Baitrunner.On this rod I use a Heavier Jig Head than I am using while fishing the other rod. I cast this out about the distance of the depth of water I'm fishing and give it a little bit more line, then close the Bail arm and set the reel in Baitrunner mode When rod gets Hit I give the handle a couple of turns and it clicks into the Main drag setting which is set with a lot of drag on to stop the fish tacking too much line before I can get to it.
    The reason I use a Heay jig head on this set up is to keep the Soft Plastic deep on the drift and it also keeps it clear of the rod I am fishing.

Willo

Great footage Willo,

I take it you are on the drift - no berley????

Good on you
    Dan.

Thanks for sharing Willo and well done!.

That is some great footage, and your replies to questions have been first class!. I have learnt heaps. Your rod work is a pleasure to watch.

Cheers

Dave

Mate best vid i have seen in a long time and thanks for the info.cheers
    Ps i would be happy with just one of those fish

man...i should have taken my Travacalm before watching that
    Primo catch and footage Willo...appreciate it

(Mrs Benno1)

Quote Originally Posted by Local_Guy View Post
    awesome catch, and a great video.. watched this today at work with no sound, but i had to watch it again with sound at home.

Willo. did you know what depth the fish were sitting at, or did you just drop the jig to the bottom, wind up a metre and let the boat action do the trick with the plastics ????

love it.
    Yeh Local Guy
    That Day good size Bait schools were reading up on the mark with a couple of fish reading up in the bottom third of water colum. So just kept drifting over and around that mark.As I was drifting was just casting letting sink to bottom the given line a few flicks every now and then and let a little line out as your moving away from Soft Plastic. then wind in and repeat And the boats movement was giving the the rod in the holder its action

Dan
    Was on the drift and not using any burley

Willo

Great Vid Willo,
    you are a very efficient fish catching machine great work.
    Cheers,
    Chong
    PS what was your camera set up??

Top work Willo!!!

Inspiring to say the least.

Tim
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

Some great plastic fishing there mate appreciate the tips ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Chong View Post
    Great Vid Willo,
    you are a very efficient fish catching machine great work.
    Cheers,
    Chong
    PS what was your camera set up??
    Hi Chong
    I have a mount on the Bow rail of my boat which I attach a sony handy cam in a water proof housing
    Willo

Mate, your set up does a great job, and i see you know the frame set up, little close ups and all, i like it. look forward to seeing some more Willo Water Wonders
    Cheers

Thats bloody fantastic Willo, the kind of sess most of us dream about! Thats a great video setup you've got there aswell. Like chong said, you are very aware of the frame window you have and keep all the action within. Not as easy as you make it look. Well done!

p.s I can see why you changed to using the gaff. That first fish was twice as big as the net!
    Last edited by SummerTrance; 24-07-2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Gaff comment