Atrip,

'Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts'
    Tangles KFC

Re: The Green's policy towards fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Aigutso View Post
    Atrip,

'Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts'
    What are you actually saying there?

Am I not entitled to say my own facts? How come? And what exactly is your own fact? A personal fact, what's that?

Atrip,

Your tripping up, Ill handfeed you, its simple, its a quote on the truth and 'personal facts' have nothing to do with the truth.

Its an apt quote for you to consider, and as Einstein once said;

'Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods'
    Tangles KFC

Atrip,

Your tripping up, Ill handfeed you, its simple, its a quote on the truth and 'personal facts' have nothing to do with the truth.

Its an apt quote for you to consider, and as Einstein once said;

'Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods'
    I agree that personal facts don't cohere with truth, because there is no such thing as a personal fact; but I was looking for a bit more. Have I said any 'personal facts'?

And you still haven't answered my question:

"Answer me this: do you think that IPCC report would have been edited by governments if the Governments had have been Green.

The reports were edited as you may recall and so the Scientific truths were altered. Obviously, the results did not favour a Greens ideology; but rather a ideology that put money before the Environment; which angered me and I imagine angered you. Did it not?"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryan View Post
    "I know that the total Greens budget is only about $150,000"

Really now......how do you know?

How do they pay their lobbiests is Canberra?
    How to they pay their admin staff in their HQ?
    How do they pay for their advertising campaigns?

Think it is a lot more than $150k.

Their federal based AEC funding for getting over 4.5% of the primary vote is around $180k per annum per person......how many got above that in the last federal election?
    The drama teacher at my school who was a Greens candidate in the Victorian State election, told me that the Greens only received $150,000 for advertising. WHich is why you will hardly ever see any advertising for the Greens party.

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak out and remove all doubt'
    Tangles KFC

'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak out and remove all doubt'
    Perhaps it would be best to remove all the doubt, because I think you're a fool.

It's a crazy world we live in, were the crappy decisions made by our politicians are somehow misconstrued by the media to make it look like it was scientists fault. Scientists have nothing to gain from making catastrophic claims about global warming or making dodgy counts on grey nurse sharks. Maybe people should stop reading the courier mail and listening to today tonight and start reading some more primary literature. Everyone do themselves a favour and next time you hear something that doesn't sounds quite right doesn’t ask old mate down the pub what he reckons, hop onto a scientific search engine and look it up (you can view abstracts on google scholar or read entire articles at your local public or university library, I know anyone can log on as a guest at UQ). Have a read about what scientists have found out about the matter and not the bullshit interpretation that some nitwit journalist has put on it or what aspect suits Mr Springborg/Rudd/Browns political agenda and come up with your own opinion based on the facts as they are presented for all to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriplex View Post
    Righto mate, truth be told: I'm 14 years old.

I'd like to leave at that. But I think I should say why I didn't come out and say how old I am straight up: It was unnecessary; but also I knew some moron would come out and say: "tripster is no more under the age of 18 than I am..just another greenie stooge trolling the site."

Fair dinkum, who do you think you are doubting how old I am? Especially when you haven't met face to face. You can say anything you want about my ideas, there's nothing wrong with that. But being a moronic prick is something else: please take your lame and idiotic comments somewhere else.
    Yep..I believe you now..usually kids revert to personal attacks and pathetic name calling when they feel cornered.

In asnwer to your question..the Greens would doctor anything to suit their own causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy87 View Post
    It's a crazy world we live in, were the crappy decisions made by our politicians are somehow misconstrued by the media to make it look like it was scientists fault. Scientists have nothing to gain from making catastrophic claims about global warming or making dodgy counts on grey nurse sharks. Maybe people should stop reading the courier mail and listening to today tonight and start reading some more primary literature. Everyone do themselves a favour and next time you hear something that doesn't sounds quite right doesn’t ask old mate down the pub what he reckons, hop onto a scientific search engine and look it up (you can view abstracts on google scholar or read entire articles at your local public or university library, I know anyone can log on as a guest at UQ). Have a read about what scientists have found out about the matter and not the bullshit interpretation that some nitwit journalist has put on it or what aspect suits Mr Springborg/Rudd/Browns political agenda and come up with your own opinion based on the facts as they are presented for all to see.
    The only problem is,Jeremy, is that a lot of the drivel we are being fed is not from scientists. The fed Govt commissions a Professor of Economics to map out a carbon trading scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Tait View Post
    Timiboy, interesting for someone so committed to the Coorong that your suggesting someone else should do something about it? I'd hazard a guess that with your age and professional experience and resources you could probably do more than Atriplex - so what have you been doing.

Mike, the exitinction of frogs that is an ietresting one - I am a conservation biologist and have been involved with the frog extinction question for a long time - and it you want a fact I can tell you that frog extinctions have never been laid 'squarely at the foot of climate change' - but that there is at least one species (in Costa Rica) for which climate change has been the primary driver of its extinction - early on in the issue ozone deplketion was nominated as a potential cause (NB the ozone hole is a different issue to climate change altthough there is some relationship in that ozone depleting substances tend also to be greenhouse gasses) - at the end of the day fungal infection has been implicated in teh majority of frog extinction cases - so I don't think you citing the frog theories as an example of where scince has failed us stands - because ultimately the scientific method where theories only stand as long as teh facts support them lead to teh more complex truth being elucidated!

Trust science or a bunch of 'good ol boys' who rekon they know the best for the fishery ?? Basically before scientific management intervened our fisheries were 'managed (sic)' by stakeholder wants - and there is plenty who crashed in the process. At the end of teh day the best outcome is a combination of the two - where science is informed by local stakeholders experience and local stakeholders by science - Jim
    Jim..some of the so called non ODS are now greenhoue gases..and they are used extensively so where do we go from here????

The drama teacher at my school who was a Greens candidate in the Victorian State election, told me that the Greens only received $150,000 for advertising. WHich is why you will hardly ever see any advertising for the Greens party.
    Oh this thread just died laughing.

A Green's Candidate who was also a Drama Teacher??

I can't stand it!!!!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Stop it Timi!!! Stop it.

You are killing me!

rotflmto
    Blackjack

The body is evil .... it must be punished.

That doesn't surprise me; we had our boothworkers explaining to the greens candidates and their boothworkers how the voting system works that was printed on their cards they handed out.

The core power of the greens is with only a limited few, the rest jump in based on idealogy that they are "doing the world good" yet have no real idea what it is all based on.

The only thing I would suggest you do champ is do more research. Look at the AEC and understand how the system works. More importantly look at where the money comes from, investigate the flows there and you will understand how the political system, the science, the decisions and the outcomes are reached within Australia and around the 'democratic' world.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Oh this thread just died laughing.

A Green's Candidate who was also a Drama Teacher??

I can't stand it!!!!

Tim
    What's wrong with a political candidate having a real job. You complain about people not being on the forefront well this woman is!