Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What has Gender got to do with it????

Re: What has Gender got to do with it????

Is team "Roughasguts" still taking nominations?
    LOL ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jim_bream View Post
    Is team "Roughasguts" still taking nominations?
    LOL ;-)
    You know.... that's not a bad name!

My missus agrees with Leeann as well,re female only gyms, as for myself the only Jim I'm interested in, is the Jim next door who makes top home brew .On wives and fishing every time I take her she always catches the first fish,usually catches the biggest as well,doesn't mind the bait,or getting the fish off the hook,unless its a bit technical.Fishing unlike sports where theres a strength element is one of the few areas where gender doesn't matter a toss. Juniors and Seniors way to go.
    Paulo

I wouldn't be too quick to discount that strength element -- sometimes it's necessary! But I just go to the gym regularly to give me some shoulder/back/arm strength. Makes a fight with XOS fish so much easier -- I'd definitely recommend it to other women out there. (You don't have to worry about getting beefy-looking man muscles, you'd have to press truly massive weights to get that!)

G,day Roz, long time no chat. Gotta say a great post and agree whole heartedly.
    Major prizes should be open then divisions below them (gives the guys a chance to win a prize ) Keep up the good work mate

Hi,

Why cant I join Fernwood gym?? (been trying for years)

My wife in the boat is a nightmare! constantly whinging about something: its too windy, its to rough in this spot, i feel sick, gee its hot or its too cold, multiply it by 3 when I take the kids as well.

I go fishing with my mates to get away from the women

Fair enough Craig B, from what you've said I don't think I'd want to fish with her either!

Roz,

Seen your pics,thats some serious fish: you'd be welcome in my boat anytime!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    Hi,

Why cant I join Fernwood gym?? (been trying for years)

My wife in the boat is a nightmare! constantly whinging about something: its too windy, its to rough in this spot, i feel sick, gee its hot or its too cold, multiply it by 3 when I take the kids as well.

I go fishing with my mates to get away from the women
    You poor bar&*ard.

So, why are you trying to join Fernwood when you are trying to keep away from women?

Interesting post, Roz.
    Not a 'comp' fisher myself, but I can't see why you shouldn't have the option of selecting which 'division' you fish in.
    If ladies wish to fish in their own division, or fish against the men, why not?
    Certainly happens in other sports, being a Coffs area lady you may be aware, a local young lady plays soccer for the Matildas, and played (when available) in the Sawtell Mens' Ist Division team last year. Her choice, no-one dissented.
    In the junior divisions, girls regularly play alongside boys. As they get older they may choose to play in Womens Divisions, these are strength based issues perhaps, and certainly not relevant to fishing.
    Similarly, when I was involved in amatuer surfing years ago, if a girl/lady wished to surf against the boys, it was encouraged. Certainly some red faces amongst the lads when beaten by a girl, but if you enter competition, you have to be prepared to be beaten.
    The idea that a female does not possess the same potentail as a male when it comes to aquireing fishing ability is ridiculous.
    Female only comps, why not?
    You should have the right to do whatever you want, in this day and age.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    You poor bar&*ard.

So, why are you trying to join Fernwood when you are trying to keep away from women?
    Much better to be around hot sweaty women than stinking sweaty men in the gym!!!

OK, enough of going off on a tangent, stick to the thread topic ! Moderated
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 27-07-2008 at 10:17 AM.

IMO Female only gyms have nothing to do with fishing... at risk of going off on a tangent.. as far as I know female only gyms exist for a modesty issue, nothing else.

Fishing and strength. A person can only use as much strength as the breaking strain of the line they are using permits.

Now I don't know if this will make some of you fellas happy.

I took a chap out fishing in my boat about seven weeks ago. I had to tie on his hooks, show him how to bait up a pillie and then take off most of his fish for him... on the other hand, I had to learn all that stuff way back in the last century, lucky I had my Dad to teach me, hey we all had to learn from somebody. I was extremely lucky I had a Dad that cared enough to pass on his fishing savvy to me.

Really glad to get so many responses to this topic, and it's still bubbling along.

Thank you all!!

Dasher, it's been ages mate, good to see you back!!!

roz.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post
    Interesting post, Roz.
    Not a 'comp' fisher myself, but I can't see why you shouldn't have the option of selecting which 'division' you fish in.
    If ladies wish to fish in their own division, or fish against the men, why not?
    Certainly happens in other sports, being a Coffs area lady you may be aware, a local young lady plays soccer for the Matildas, and played (when available) in the Sawtell Mens' Ist Division team last year. Her choice, no-one dissented.
    In the junior divisions, girls regularly play alongside boys. As they get older they may choose to play in Womens Divisions, these are strength based issues perhaps, and certainly not relevant to fishing.
    Similarly, when I was involved in amatuer surfing years ago, if a girl/lady wished to surf against the boys, it was encouraged. Certainly some red faces amongst the lads when beaten by a girl, but if you enter competition, you have to be prepared to be beaten.
    The idea that a female does not possess the same potentail as a male when it comes to aquireing fishing ability is ridiculous.
    Female only comps, why not?
    You should have the right to do whatever you want, in this day and age.
    Cheers.
    in the spirit of equality, does that mean blokes can enter into the ladies fishing division?

If they think they need to, Mik01!
    Cheers!

LOL, you go Mik! You first!!!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.