Thread: Fuel consumption between motors question

Fuel consumption between motors question

Re: Fuel consumption between motors question

Yes you made the right choice IMO.

cheers fnq

You must have bought a Vermont.

Talk to Jabba; you should have fun with it and depending on your prop you could even win a few races!.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

A 5.9 Vermont, 250 E-tec with a 21" viper II prop, and a hideous coat off anti foul...

In ideal conditions (dead calm) 1.9km/ltr. That with WOT 58mph on the GPS.... If I did not have the Anti Foul, I would expect my figures would be better again......

When the going gets rough outside, my economy drops to 1.2km/ltr

I would expect that you will get slighty beter economy then I do for 2 reasons...
    #1, Anti foul.... It's a knocks a fair amount of speed and economy out off your boat.
    #2, you got a slighty smalller motor, and being 4st may have it's advantage... It would be very interesting to compare figures when you get it on the water...

You definitely made the right choice,,, The Seafarer is an awesome outsider, and the 5.9 will hold it own against a lot bigger boats.......

I have had mine on Brunswick bar and the Pin at 1.5m... With a top class Hull and power to burn, and some patience,,, there just too easy.....

I have some hard data on fuel consumption - but all laboratory tests to ICOMIA test standards. In the field it all depend on the hul, how you drive etc etc.

In general the four stroke uses 32% less fuel. Techical development on traditional 2 strokes stopped 10 years ago while 4 strokes and some DI 2 strokes have been continually improved.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Jabba_ View Post

In ideal conditions (dead calm) 1.9km/ltr. That with WOT 58mph on the GPS.... If I did not have the Anti Foul, I would expect my figures would be better again......

Jabba, am I reading this right- 1.9km/lt at WOT?

Wow, that is more like fastish cruise figures on most boats of that size and weight (with antifoul!) with a 250HP on the back! Is the hull rated to take a 250?

Cheers
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by BrenMac View Post
    Jabba, am I reading this right- 1.9km/lt at WOT?

Wow, that is more like fastish cruise figures on most boats of that size and weight (with antifoul!) with a 250HP on the back! Is the hull rated to take a 250?

Cheers
    Brendan
    No,, but I bloody wish... I realy stuffed that up... Re-reading it I even confused myself

Yes the hull is rated for a 250. Love to fit a 250 HO to it.. But they wern't available when I bought my motor

3200rpm @ 52klm = 27L/ph = 1.9L/km
    WOT, 5600 @ 93klm = 88L/ph = 1.08L/km...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fooks View Post
    I have some hard data on fuel consumption - but all laboratory tests to ICOMIA test standards. In the field it all depend on the hul, how you drive etc etc.

In general the four stroke uses 32% less fuel. Techical development on traditional 2 strokes stopped 10 years ago while 4 strokes and some DI 2 strokes have been continually improved.
    Gary
    Gary the ICOMIA rating for the 250E-tec is 17L/ph.... I have not seen any other ICOMIA rating for the other outboard manufactures... Any chance you could post them up....

Thanks Jabba- that WOT speed of 93Kmh is seriously quick!

Cheers
    BMac

Yep, it fun to

It should do. Remember I have that dreaded Anti foul, my motor is a little too low, and I have 50m of chain in the bow,, all off which slows it down.... I recon you boat will do the same speeds as mind does...

Make sure you post some pictures off your boat in the Seafarer Appreciation thread......

On a boat of that size, you'll be flying with the 225. My 6.5 metre glass boat is doing 75kmh at WOT with a 200 zuk on the back. Dont remember what my figures are at WOT as cant remember a time when it was flat enough to do it. But at 4000Rpm, I'm getting 28 litres per hour at 53Kmh.