Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Biggest Coral Trout?

Re: Your Biggest Coral Trout?

Some big coral trout in the previous posts

Last year off Mackay

Some serious trout here and some horses. Here is my recent and PB trout caught 100km from Townsville.
    Cheers
    Lee

Holy sheet scorpion, that's a denizen of the deep! You wouldn't want to be a fusilier down there with beasts like that lurking under the coral. What did you catch it on (bait/tackle etc)

Thanks for sharing
    searchin' for my lost shaker of salt

Hey Red, thanks . It was a live fusilier that was in mid water (20m) for 2 hours waiting for a Spanish. As we stopped fishing to have brecky, decided to drop it about 10ft from the bottom hoping for a nice fat cod. However this old girl decided to snavel the livie. Tackle unfortunatly was a dirty old 80lb hand line, large running bean sinker and a 8/0 O'shannty hook. We we using our Okuma outfits for the normal size trout we were catching, just that the handline was already set up when we caught some fusiliers.
    Cheers
    Lee

Hey Lee, nothing wrong with a handline if that's what was available. I must say I hate using handlines, but you gotta do whatever it takes, don't ya?! Sensational fish anyway, and a live fusilier again comes up trumps. They are a great livie for the coral areas, no doubt.

Cheers
    Angus
    searchin' for my lost shaker of salt

Bull Shark How On Earth Did You Get That Off Bottom

Heres a couple that I caught out on the reef earlier on in the year. The bigger one was released. They certainly pull hard, they were both caught on a whole pilchard fished on a hand line. The bigger one went 10.1Kg, and the smaller one was 7.5Kg

Cheers,
    SnowE

My PB trout attached. Went 8.5kg, first fish caught on my 15-30lb Pelagic Loomis and Tyrnos 12 combo, using a live yakka. Caught at Rooneys (top of fraser island)

last weekend at Adelaide reef I decided to throw my line in whilst waiting for my husband to catch some live bait...what a surprise this was when I got it to the boat. It was too heavy for me lift so Scott had to hold it up for a pic before we released it. Reeanne
    PS wish we knew where we were because we were just drifting!

My cousin pulled this bad boy up after it took a stripey when it followed it up close to the surface. Unfortunately it did not release well. Was a battle to bring it back up to the surface. It went around 22kg, maybe more? I don't remember.

Rob

this is my best dont know weight but its a really good shot i think went 80cm in length

don't know it's weight, but it's the biggest trout I have caught, taken about 30nm east of Dunk, about 10 years ago
    Barra, Boars, Bundy & bare arsed
    cottersfnq@yahoo.com.au

Southern Gutters Hervey Bay. I did not weigh or measure it, but i am 6'5. It ate a whole baldy brim...

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Southern Gutters Hervey Bay. I did not weigh or measure it, but i am 6'5. It ate a whole baldy brim...
    Nice trout for the gutters! They seem to be thick out there at times