Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Biggest Coral Trout?

Re: Your Biggest Coral Trout?

bullshark,

we are showing trout not trucks lol, im speachless thats the biggest trout i have seen for a very ling time.

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

Bull Shark....Thats a serious beast...Would love to nail one like that on a popper.

Heres a couple of my best.

Pete

Bull Shark,

That looks like one of those Pacific Island fish, Fiji maybe? That's a horse, any estimate of weight or length?

Pistol_P,

Nice red Trout in your first photo and not far offshore either. Nice Longnose (Your Avatar) I recently saw a Longnosed Emp. just over 11kg, amazing fish at that size.

Matt

Couple of trout we have gotten since i bought the C Craft
    Last edited by jtpython; 28-07-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: add pics
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    Bull Shark....Thats a serious beast...Would love to nail one like that on a popper.

Heres a couple of my best.

Pete
    The pistol_p, did i see that same first trout in a recent(couple of months) QFM magizine
    Ahhhhh, To be young and Free

Many of the good coral trout posts on ausfish were in the earlier archives, all the pictures in those posts were lost several years ago, for many of the newer members that never saw these posts, particularly of coral trout heres a few of mine, some are 10 years or more old, there all fish from innisfail, ... foxy

Been waiting for you to provide a photo or 3,Foxy...

Mate.... what weight are those big suckers ....obviously well before the new bracket limits were brought in....and did you catch them in the deeper water???

Up to what size would you say would be an acceptable risk regarding ciguetera poisoning.

Scott

i did a little research Disorderly...apparently the big boys (18 years old and 26 kilo) big boys can carry the poisen...but if anyone caught a fish that big...wouldnt they just take a piccie (post it here ) then release it ???

on topic...this is my biggest coral trout and my first...just a smidge over 3 kilos...caught at Swains on an overnight trip with the family...on of all things the scrappy picked to hell skin of an iodine bream...i was pulling the hook back in to re-bait...watching it juuuuuust drift past a fantastic brain coral encrusted bommy...BANG!!!...GAME ON!!!...i near crapped myself!!!...then tried to get back to where he'd come from...i needed Dave to help me reel him in (i got tired )...i learnt from that day on...that trout dont nibble...they TAKE

Mrs Benno1

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia Kid View Post
    The pistol_p, did i see that same first trout in a recent(couple of months) QFM magizine
    Yes it was in QFM

Pete

Some awsome trout here guys, espesh bully trout:O:O:O

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Some nice fish there!

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Shark View Post
    Trout did you say - this is Trout.....

Caught on a stick bait at the back of Peel......

Superimposed that one

Very noice!

Nagg

Not mine but a fellow Ausfisher... kuz 001 off Hervey Bay.

Remind me how you cooked it TK ???

this one came off mackay (100NM off) in 2007. we let it go.
    i think it was on a pilly on 2 x ganged 6/O's.
    steve

This was my biggest fish for a long time 17.5lb. caught about 6 years ago in 30mtrs of water around Murphy's if you believe me!! Caught on a lump of squid right on the bottom using a 30lb handline. Skipper got one same day about 1/4 this size, he wasn't very happy with me lol. I can still remember the fight.. He got me snagged up to the bottom twice but somehow I got him out of that.. Half way up and he went again and I had a bellow of line between my hands that was higher than my head luckily I controlled that and stopped the run before he hit bottom again.

Cheers
    Brandon...