Thread: Daiwa Saltiga Or Daiwa Monster Mesh ?

Daiwa Saltiga Or Daiwa Monster Mesh ?

Hi all i thought i would put up this thread to get some thoughts .

i recently purchased 2 daiwa monster mesh jigging rods , 632mb o/head and 1582ms spin wich i have got a saltiga 4500spin and a z30 o/head to put on them .

i was also looking at the saltiga rods but couldnt convince myself to spend the extra $500.00 for the saltiga rods i understand that the saltiga rods are more expensive for a reason but why ?

To be perfectly honest i was unable to see why the saltiga rods where better (ie same fuji sic guides and reel seat same or similar grips ) can anybody who knows this gear let me know ???? is the blank really that much better or are you really paying for the saltiga name stuck on it ????

Regards MONOSTRETCHO

Re: Daiwa Saltiga Or Daiwa Monster Mesh ?

Took this from the daiwa site

Using only the finest materials available, Daiwa has produced the lightest, strongest graphite available and used their famous “bias wrap construction” method to produce the thinnest heavy duty blanks available. With technology advancing at a rapid rate Daiwa increased carbon density and minimized resin percentages via “hot press manufacturing” a process where the 8 different carbon layers are heat welded together rather than the traditional resin bonding process. This allows for the production of a lighter, thinner and incredibly responsive blank while still maintaining superb strength.

I think what its trying to say is that the saltiga is made up of a better blank than the monster mesh due to the 8 different carbon layers. Personally i got one monster mesh 20 -40pd overhead and have used the saltigas as well targeting big snapper and apart from the sal tiga being lighter i cannot see any real diffrence in the rods.

Re: Daiwa Saltiga Or Daiwa Monster Mesh ?

I have the MM pe6-8 and could not see $300 difference between the MM and the Saltiga. $300 against $600.