Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mates First Monduran Metery

Re: Mates First Monduran Metery

rumours... on this forum... Mr Mitchell please

No it wont...but if it does its only a rumor

Sarcasm, Porkies, White lies, and exageration yes............But never never Rumors.....Whitto

I think this one is a bit more than a rumour, even though it will start as one.
    Some times we have to wait patiently. Some blokes don't say much and keep a bit to themselves. Usually the quiet blokes hold the good stories. It's not my space to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if anything gets said at all that is! Hundreds of good fishing yarns get kept hush hush along our coastline. That's the good part. Every town needs a sleepy story. I might write another book and call it the book of 'SILENCE', 300 pages of no words! To go off track, there is an old blue ute that visits Awoonga quite often, a quiet smart bloke that cathces plenty on all and sundry. You will hear more of him when the time is right, but for now he is just a silent achiever with skill to burn. Anyone know him? Most wouldn't. Quiet success, don't we love it.
    Johnny M

THE QUITE ACHIEVER'S... JM, They go about their business with a modicum of fuss..... Will have a photo of the Mates Metery tomorrow he coming over to download it..so we can all have a look see......Whitto

Nice way to break the metrey barrier Greg . Ok now all we have to do mate is get up there and nail a couple ourselves

Cheers Nath

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Nice way to break the metrey barrier Greg . Ok now all we have to do mate is get up there and nail a couple ourselves

Cheers Nath
    No doubt about it Nath...I will be giving it my best shot and them some

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    I think this one is a bit more than a rumour, even though it will start as one.
    Some times we have to wait patiently. Some blokes don't say much and keep a bit to themselves. Usually the quiet blokes hold the good stories. It's not my space to say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if anything gets said at all that is! Hundreds of good fishing yarns get kept hush hush along our coastline. That's the good part. Every town needs a sleepy story. I might write another book and call it the book of 'SILENCE', 300 pages of no words! To go off track, there is an old blue ute that visits Awoonga quite often, a quiet smart bloke that cathces plenty on all and sundry. You will hear more of him when the time is right, but for now he is just a silent achiever with skill to burn. Anyone know him? Most wouldn't. Quiet success, don't we love it.
    Johnny M
    Had the pleasure to fish with him ...One Swiched on Dude

Ya Trev, Quiet and able hey. For contrast of skill levels, he is currently guiding clients in the Capricorn Channel for deepwater fish and then off to Shoalwater bay to play with big spanish mackerel and mudcrabs.
    I hope your bags are packed for Mondays exploration.
    JM

Hi Johnnie, Trev told me you wanted some fish photos, but I can't work out how to attach them to a pm, but I have some at the surgery if you want to drop in any time. The guy in the blue ute is not just a quiet achiever but is a genuinely nice guy to talk to about barra fishing as well. I love having a chat with him at the ramp in the dead of night. cheers scott.

[quote=vet;865981]Hi Johnnie, Trev told me you wanted some fish photos, but I can't work out how to attach them to a pm, but I have some at the surgery if you want to drop in any time. The guy in the blue ute is not just a quiet achiever but is a genuinely nice guy to talk to about barra fishing as well. I love having a chat with him at the ramp in the dead of night. cheers scott.[/quote]

I can picture the conversation now ........ in Gladstone speak ( riddles) or telepathy ........ I'm sure they are Gladstone locals that are in the Hilux TRD Supercharged ute add

Scott,
    Thanks for trying. I'll track you down somewhere one day for a chat and a peak.
    I have seen one pic, well done; I love photographs, the more the better. Old mate- blue ute- good fella.
    Thanks, JM

Nagg, Old utes and new utes up this way, and yea plenty of sign language and conversations that would make a lot of listeners wonder what plant is being smoked, but that happens in all sports where players are on different levels,
    (not talking about the smoking),,,,,,,,,,,,bit like walking into a doctor's surgery and asking the doc to speak in a language that can be understood by non-studied, non medical patients.
    The wierdest fishing conversations I ever have are with the bloke in the old blue ute,,,why????,,,,,,,,,,,,because he understands my wierd in depth lingo. It would be a funny scene Nagg, to be a fly on the wall beside some conversations at ramps between all types of anglers. It is funny you mention conversations as many anglers at the ramp ask questions and they already have planted in their head what answers they want to hear, but when they get an answer that doesn't sound easy they lose interest.
    "Where do I fish?".........I give them a 100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted me to point and tell them exactly what tree to fish beside.
    "What lure?"..................I give them another 50-100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted to hear me say,,,,,,," Tie on a red lure and cast near that tree"!
    "When do we fish?",,,,,,,,,,,,I give another fair answer,,,,,,,,and by this time they almost want to walk away because they just want a simple answer. Simple answers don't work in a complex fishery. It is a bit like asking the head olympic coach what food to eat two days before your olympic event,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he gives you a careful in depth list ,,but all you wanna hear is"maccas!".
    Sometimes what we want to hear and what gets delivered is too hard to percieve until more material is given.
    I reckon you and I could have great conversations on fishing since you have experience behind you and an open book mind.................or maybe Trev has corrupted you already. I hear you are fishing ABT this year. Good luck. I am sure you will do well.
    Cheers,
    JM
    Cheers,
    JM

What sort of red lure and which tree Johnny ???.....

Quote Originally Posted by Little grey men View Post
    What sort of red lure and which tree Johnny ???.....
    LOL LGM!! Too tru JM. MMMmmmmm .....Maccas!!

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    Scott,
    Thanks for trying. I'll track you down somewhere one day for a chat and a peak.
    I have seen one pic, well done; I love photographs, the more the better. Old mate- blue ute- good fella.
    Thanks, JM

Nagg, Old utes and new utes up this way, and yea plenty of sign language and conversations that would make a lot of listeners wonder what plant is being smoked, but that happens in all sports where players are on different levels,
    (not talking about the smoking),,,,,,,,,,,,bit like walking into a doctor's surgery and asking the doc to speak in a language that can be understood by non-studied, non medical patients.
    The wierdest fishing conversations I ever have are with the bloke in the old blue ute,,,why????,,,,,,,,,,,,because he understands my wierd in depth lingo. It would be a funny scene Nagg, to be a fly on the wall beside some conversations at ramps between all types of anglers. It is funny you mention conversations as many anglers at the ramp ask questions and they already have planted in their head what answers they want to hear, but when they get an answer that doesn't sound easy they lose interest.
    "Where do I fish?".........I give them a 100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted me to point and tell them exactly what tree to fish beside.
    "What lure?"..................I give them another 50-100 word answer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they really wanted to hear me say,,,,,,," Tie on a red lure and cast near that tree"!
    "When do we fish?",,,,,,,,,,,,I give another fair answer,,,,,,,,and by this time they almost want to walk away because they just want a simple answer. Simple answers don't work in a complex fishery. It is a bit like asking the head olympic coach what food to eat two days before your olympic event,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he gives you a careful in depth list ,,but all you wanna hear is"maccas!".
    Sometimes what we want to hear and what gets delivered is too hard to percieve until more material is given.
    I reckon you and I could have great conversations on fishing since you have experience behind you and an open book mind.................or maybe Trev has corrupted you already. I hear you are fishing ABT this year. Good luck. I am sure you will do well.
    Cheers,
    JM
    Cheers,
    JM
    JM ...... Thanks for that in depth reply ,,,,, I think
    Actually Trev ...... did more for my enthusiasm & desire to learn more about these wonderful fish !!! (Yeh .... thinking about it ... Trev did corrupt my mind )!
    The ABT is going to be a big step up for me ...... but one that I'm driven to take!
    Next year ......... I start to learn subtleties once I'm living in the IBD State

Cheers

Chris