Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monduran arvo fun!

Re: Monduran arvo fun!

look like another great session steve good too see ya still hooking in hope we all have a good year on them once we get there

Gday Steve, great report, keep them coming. Monduran is great. Trev is still trying to convince me to come down this weekend. The weather looks great, which would be a change for us to come there when it is good. If you see us, don't be afraid to point us in the right direction. Cheers scott.

Thanks Brad, Simon and Scott.

Hey Scott, get down here this weekend. you will have a ball. I dont think you need my directions!!! Trev knows where they are. Actually I think they are pretty scattered all over the place from the catch reports I have been hearing, and seeing.

With some swearing and some technological deficiencies I mananaged to post the video of the barra cruising in the shallows. I thought I had footage of a fish I landed, but my mate forgot to press record.........this has happened before! I dont care, I'd say I may get another chance to catch a barra this year.

Drop into foxies,or give me a call when you get here. I am working this weekend, but I can come out for a drive and chat. I think Josh (Flairj) is going Sunday.

cheers Steve

Great footage Steve......Well it was till someone mentioned Get the landing net......that thing dissappeared like it had a rocket up its clacker....Good Stuff...Cheers Whitto

It should be every man for himself this weekend at the ramps I imagine

Thanks for that steve,andy read the report,dont think we can swing it for tomorrow but well be up nextweekend,weatherpermitting,so iv been told....great read btw...chewy

You wouldnt think it was the same dam last weekend.. we woke on friday morning to find ice on the boat cover.. put the boat in and went for a look around and found the water temp ranging from 16.2deg way down in B and up to 20.1 up in C late in the afternoon. we found plenty of bait but no real good signs of activity. No boofing. No tailing fish. No barra sunning themselves in the shallows. Saturday we concentrated on a few of the warmer bays up C and the middle of the dam for no result.. it was tough fishing but good to finally get a look around the dam, and I cant wait to have another crack at em later in the year.

Mick

P.S. A 103 was landed on 4lb fireline and a Jackall Chubby in the timber on friday by one of the bassers during the prefish - Top effort that!

Mick, I was wondering how you went!! Yeah it was a bit ordinary on the weekend weatherwise! A 103cm on 4lb, now thats a good effort!!!

Thanks mate
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Great footage Steve......Well it was till someone mentioned Get the landing net......that thing dissappeared like it had a rocket up its clacker....Good Stuff...Cheers Whitto
    But it seems that ..... If "GET THE GAFF" was shouted out ....... The barra would have swallowed it!

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Mick, I was wondering how you went!! Yeah it was a bit ordinary on the weekend weatherwise! A 103cm on 4lb, now thats a good effort!!!

Thanks mate
    Steve
    Steve ...... I think that is just a little bit of a minor understatement In the timber too .... with those little Jackall hooks & a leader that would have been 14lb ish ......... I'd love to know how long it took to land with a softly softly approach
    Yes .... a good effort alright

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post

Thanks mate
    Steve
    Yeah Steve when we checked in on Thurs arvo and the lady at the kiosk informed us that "last night was the coldest so far this year and tonight is going to be colder" well lets just say that put a bit of a dampner on things..

The 103 was apparently hooked on the side of the head and the rod was passed around several trees in order to land the beast- would have been a few exiting minutes there I reckon!

Mick

Nice Steve I like that bit of water Brian was talking about too. The are some great little pockets and sections.

Got me thinking of a trip soon, my wife will kill me but I am just so keen to get on the water its not funny, also want to try some New things out!

Ok Steve mate well done saw the tailer vid great visual.

Cheers Nath