Thread: Who makes the best esky/ice box?

Who makes the best esky/ice box?

The missus wants to get me a new esky for my birthday.

Can anyone recommend one?

Doesn't have to be the most expensive;
    looking for good quality;
    made in Australia

Thanks

Dan.

Re: Who makes the best esky/ice box?

Depends on what you want. A fiberglass esky will take a little more looking after regarding knocks but will have the best performance. The poly ones are tough a can be bashed a little more and have real good ice keeping abilities.

I got an Tecni Ice esky and i rate it as good value. I think their made in Aus not sure. Big chilli coolers are good value as well I've heard. You can check them out on e bay. The chilli bins are a better finished product then the Tecni Ice

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

I have a big chilli cooler 105L icebox, got factory second for $130 best thing i ever bought for the boat, every person who comes on my boat comments on it. Keeps ice well and very sturdy!

Might save my life too! like the guys off yeppon

They all do a resonable job, I ended up going the Tropical Ice Box.

Well priced and has a good rep. for keeping ice.

There has been plenty of support for the techi ice boxes though

Depends on how much you want to spend I guess....by the sounds of it one of the poly eskies would be the goer. I personally have one of the tropical ice boxes and can vouch for it's great ice keeping abilities and all round toughness vs reasonable price. You should easily be able to find somewhere that is an outlet for factory seconds too(I bought a factory second from downunder camping capalaba) and this will make one seem more attractive again.

I have a couple of evakool's and they are great. your looking at $4-500 each though. I have to say the handles are broken on one but its ten years old

one word EVAKOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    one word EVAKOOL
    Spot on i have 2 as seats there great.cheers