Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saltiga 3500 or Morethan Branzino

Re: Saltiga 3500 or Morethan Branzino

interesting. know a guy who has a certate with a slight gear problem when winding. sent it back and sposed to be fixed but still does it. wanted it replaced or $ back but no go. wishes he bought a stella.

[quote=Roo;862388]

never said it was.

quote]

apologies Roo i was not referring to your post but to breamnuts...

but home many times are these reels gettin used n 4 wat sorta fishin??? ive never herd of da certate hyper aven ne probsn i wouldnt think da branzino would ave ne either coz of wat parts its made up off.. i would understand if these reels are gettin punnished wid heavy line like 40 or50lb n locken up da drag 2 try n pull in big fish den its gonna ave problems...

Hi, live in the tropics, have a 2500 custom R Certate matched with a G.loomis Bronzback 753s-sp. Has th be one of the nicest outfits i have ever used.
    Its loaded up with 35lb Daiwa saltiga hyper braid and consistantly hadles lrg barra, tuna, trevally, mackeral pretty much anythig i have tried it on, with ease. the Brazino seems like it is not as heavy duty as either the certate ot saltiga and i would be a little hesitant buying that when you have a choice of the
    certate 2500 R custom
    Certate 300 HD
    Slatiga game 300
    Hope this helps.

The Branzino is the finesse option, not as tough as the saltiga but tough enough. The saltiga would handle heavier treatment better in the long run but I would go with the Branzino for weight and smoothness. Try them both out on the rod your looking at

[QUOTE=wheezer;862631]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post

never said it was.

quote]

apologies Roo i was not referring to your post but to breamnuts...
    oh. my bad.
    Cheers Roo.
    ps. Wheezer, that spool is awesome. I'm lovin the baitcaster.

Quote Originally Posted by shanejohnson View Post
    interesting. know a guy who has a certate with a slight gear problem when winding. sent it back and sposed to be fixed but still does it. wanted it replaced or $ back but no go. wishes he bought a stella.
    Depends on the individuals definition of a gear problem. If your mate grabbed a Hyper Certate and gave it a quick wind in the shop you'd put it down wondering what the F@rk are Daiwa doin putting Massey fergusen Gears in a reel.....but its the strength of the material that makes it feel rough as guts when just free winding....put some load on it and the game changes. The certate is sort of similar in that the gears are a harder material than some others on the market...not as hard as the hyper or the saltiga tho' so it feels smoother than those....but can feel rougher than some other cheaper reels. My couple of Shimano Symetres feel like silk when no load is applied....put a fish on and the load will create a bit of distorsion and give you that mild grinding feeling. my certates are opposite, under load they are smooth as silk but without load I can detect the meshing of the gears.

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    both no drag performance and no clicker, none of these should happen with a $700= reel
    i havent seen or herd and bad reports about the certate,saltiga or certate hyper
    That is odd.

Cheers Roo.
    Last edited by Roo; 17-07-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: schpellink

Quote Originally Posted by nato13 View Post
    but home many times are these reels gettin used n 4 wat sorta fishin??? ive never herd of da certate hyper aven ne probsn i wouldnt think da branzino would ave ne either coz of wat parts its made up off.. i would understand if these reels are gettin punnished wid heavy line like 40 or50lb n locken up da drag 2 try n pull in big fish den its gonna ave problems...
    Want to run that by us in English?

schpell chequer boroke. Actually, it reads just like it would sound if you'd had a few too many afternoonies at the Rubidy dub. maybe his computa has a breathalyser function for spell check settings.