Thread: Thinnest,bestest 30lb interval braid

Thinnest,bestest 30lb interval braid

Gday all.I am just after opinions on the thinnest and best quality interval braid.Its going on a 4000 twin power and I want to get as close to 300m on it as I can.
    Thanks.

Toddy

Re: Thinnest,bestest 30lb interval braid

Not sure if its the thinnest but like the daiwa tournament , had it on for 12 months , no dramas, good braid !!

This stuff aint cheap but its darn good. I have it on a couple of baitcasting reels and have used it for png fishing barra n bass. Very nice...

30lb is 0.244 diameter (mm) and costs US$36 per 100m spool interconnected from Jap tack. They charge $5.00 delivery per two spools.

YGK Ultra Dyneema WX8 braided lines (PE spectra) (soft body, thin coating)
    Adding to the great profiles of the PE braided lines, the YGK WX8 employs up-graded filaments, Ultra Dyneema, to strengthen the line by 40% from the lines of ordinary Dyneema or Spectra. The WX8 has 8 strands to offer the smoothest line surface. colored by every 10meter (11yds). Also every 1 and 5 meter, color marking is added. Quality is proven. Made in Japan

"...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

I think the YGK ultra jigman would be one of the best & costs a fair wack. Before the dollar dropped I paid $250approx for 600m. 33lb @ 0.235mm diametre

http://www.japantackle.com/Lines/YGK_UltraJigMan.htm

YGK Ultra Jig Man X8 braided lines (PE spectra, Ultra Dyneema, super premium) (soft body, thin coating)
    Among the braided lines in market, this Ultra Jig Man X8 has the smoothest surface and the smallest line diameter. It has 40% more maximum strength compared to standard spectra braided lines in the same diameter. The material is upgraded to Ultra Dyneema, and the line is constructed by 8 strands. The small diameter line is essential for deep water jig fishing, where thinner lines will cut through current to reach target range faster. The diameter is about a fifth of monofilament lines, and weight ratio is 0.98 lighter than water. Adding to the great profiles of the PE braided lines, this line is colored by every 10meter (11yds). Made in Japan.

I also have some of the YGK Ultra x8 on a couple of reels and it too is crash hot.

Thin, smooth, supple and well behaved - no surprises - handles well. have hooked up to some solid png bass on it.

Great for casting, as is the WX8 (above). In fact its hard to tell the difference as I can't actually remember now which reel I have spooled up with which one!!

Check Jap tack. Good call NIZ180. A great line.

Price wise, the Ultra is the more exccy of the two so may be better quality...
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Geez fellas thats pricey stuff eh?
    I should have said Thinnest,bestest,cheapest 30lb interval braid .

Toddy

unfortunately you can't have it all mate. If you want a good quality braid at a reasonable price, checkout the Daiwa saltiga surf braid. I have it on one of my reels & it is awesome for the price.

G'day Toddy,
    I have just purchased and spooled up some Hi-Seas GrandSlam braid.

Made in the US, the package and web site say it is top stuff.
    I havn't used it yet so I cannot say how good it is, but I like the look of it, it's round and stays round on the spool without squasing flat like fireline.
    Also thin , the 20 lb stuff is thinner in daimeter than 14lb fireline.
    I put 300 yards on a BTR3500 no worries. it's about $70 for 300 yards, and BCF members were getting 40% off so that clinched the deal for me...

Toddy,
    if you want something good quality but cheaper try TUF LINE XP (100% Spectra Braid). American made, nice and smooth and round, casts well and very durable. The 30lb version is about 0.279 thick (not quite as thin as the Japanese stuff but a fraction of the price!). It was recommended to me by Damon Olsen (Nomad Sportfishing) as a "budget" alternative. You can pick it up on e'bay for about $40/ 300m.

Cheers
    Blue

I've heard good stuff about tuf line but you seriously need to check out the saltiga surf stuff. I got 300m of 15lb for $89 & it is hard to feel the difference compared to the YGK ultra jigman I have.

Quote Originally Posted by NIZ180 View Post
    I've heard good stuff about tuf line but you seriously need to check out the saltiga surf stuff. I got 300m of 15lb for $89 & it is hard to feel the difference compared to the YGK ultra jigman I have.

Yeah I know you get what you pay for most of the time.
    $89 is pretty good though.
    Anyone used the sufix interval stuff? I have performance on a couple of my baitcasters and I quite like it.

Toddy

Yeah Toddy, I'm using it in a few ratings 15, 24 & 37kg excellent stuff at a good price

couldn't go wrong

cheers

Rhys
    ><((((º>.¸.•'´¯)

Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved, Gabriel Marcel