Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vacuum Sealers. which have cheap bags?

Vacuum Sealers. which have cheap bags?

Hi all, I know there have been previous threads on vacuum sealers, but have not seen one for a while and there have been a lot of new units on the market lately, so would be out of date.....

I know that a lot of people have had Sunbeams. My concern with them is that you have to buy their bags as they have ripples. And that they bags are not cheap. I really do not want to buy a unit that costs me upwards of a dollar a bag.

I have seen quite a few on the internet that are around the $80 - $100 mark. Some of these use rolls that you cut to size. Do the rolls work out to be cheap? Has anyone got one of these cheaper units? I assume would not have as much suction as the Sunbeam, but if the bags work out to be half the price, I could live with that as I would get more use out of it if it is cheaper ongoing.

I have read that some of them you can get the bags for as low as 25 cents each. That would be great. Then just need to be able to match up a unit to the bags to access and continual availability of supply.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheech

Re: Vacuum Sealers. which have cheap bags?

Just buy plastic tube by the roll and make the bags whatever length that you require. Plastic tube 300mm wide is about $1.00 a meter (150 meter roll)

Hi Cheech,

I bought a Vacuum sealer a month or so ago from Aldi. It was on special for $99. They were selling the rolls of bags for $14.99, a 1/3rd of the Sunbeam price.

The problem is they only stock the stuff when it is on special, so you have to wait for it to go on the special list again. I think you can also get them off E-bay etc for similar pricing. Just got to make sure it is the 28cm size that's all.

Cheers

Dave

Rat, are the rolls universal and fit pretty well any sealer? If they are, then that is great as I do not want to buy a sealer and then find out that I can only use that manufacturers bags like what happens with Sunbeam.

Dave, that sounds like a good price. I may have to check out our nearest store. What brand was it and do you know if it will take the bags rat refers to. Ie, what appears to be a universally useable roll.

Thanks,

Cheech

Yep, I have a Cryovac and need to know about the cheaper bags. Station-Rat.. ? more info ?

Well Cheech, I use the rolls from The Good Guys for my Sunbeam sealer, and when I finish with the bag ( food ) I cryovac bait. so the bag gets used twice, just gets a little shorter each time, but again, it can be re-used and re-used for bait, so they actually work out not too bad.

But in the end, no matter the cost, Cryovacing saves money... long term.

Cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Phil, when you say you get the rolls from the good guys, I did not think that the sunbeams had rippled rolls. I thought they were only bags as an option. What sort of cost do they work out to be?

Asking Rat about his supplier, are you saying that you may be able to use non rippled in the Sunbeam? If this was the case, I would be very interested in the Sunbeam as they have a terrific reputation. Or are you referring to the sunbeam ribbed bags? from what I have read, you have to use rippled or nothing. I am happy to pay a few extra dollars for a good unit as long as I can get reasonably priced bags so that I will actually use it more.

The Aldi one is sold under the Lumina brand name which I think is an Aldi house brand. Made in Korea and AWA provide the warranty support (1 year).

Product number is: 2373
    Model number: LUIS-50

It uses the 28cm bags.

Cheers

Dave

Have a look here http://www.qispackaging.com.au/Category/plastic-tubing
    Might find something to suit your purpose

I use this mob http://vacuseal.com.au/skin1/images/..._catalogue.pdf
    Might do discounts for networking purchases, nice family as well
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Cheech,

I bought the Sunbeam model that takes 28cm rolls.

The rolls come in a 2 pack at 5.4 mtrs per roll.

Cost of roll. pack .... I forget ...doh !

I'll get back to you.

Station Rat... those rolls look cheap enough, but don;t come in the 28cm width.... bugga !

Thanks ED, I think I saw these at the Tinnie and Tackle show.

Cheech, from memory if I make a bag, it costs somewhere between 30 and 50 cents....... but using it twice or more, as I stated, costs even less.

If the bag material is just common or garden plastic tube, you can buy the stuff from any decent packaging supplier.
    The roll will be quitelarge and it will be a but of a lump $$$ to chew on but you wont be buying bags for a very long time.

I had a but of a go at retail packaging a product I handle some time ago.
    So I baught a roll of tube..... ran off several thousand bags.... the roll don't look any smaller.

You've just given me a thaught.

have bag sealer have roll of tube........I know a vac sealer would be better but.......not esential.

all you realy need to make sure of is that the tube is a compatable width and the film is the correct thickness......take a sample.

Commercial peiple have been doing this for a long time, the consumables should be available in commercial quantities, no problems.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by station-rat View Post
    Hi Station Rat, are you saying that these tubes work ok for vac sealers?

Been using them for about 12 months, and not one problem with the tube

Hi All, My name is Darren and i am a new member user name dbates, Flexible packaging, sealing equipment, Plastic bags and rolls, and vacuum packaging is my game, please take a look at our website and give me a call and I will be able to help you out.

www.redblade.com.au

Phone Darren (07) 2622344

regards, Darren