Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCSWFF Bass On Fly 2008

Re: SCSWFF Bass On Fly 2008

Bill,
    I will need to sort out my work rosters to make this one. Are the dates cast in stone yet? Keen to fish this one again.
    Jeff.
    Fly rods were made to bend!

Jeff,
    The dates are breifing friday night 21st november, saturday 22nd and sunday 23rd.
    Breifing starts at 7.30pm. Saturday session is from 5.30am till 11.30am.
    Sunday session is 5.30am till 11.30am.
    Rules and entry forms are being finalised right now and should be up on the clubs website very soon.
    Will post a link on here, if it doesn't get wiped by the powers to be, once everything is on the site.
    Thanks to all those for the interest. Looking like it may be firing at the right time. Bit quiet at the moment, but its got to fire in the next month or so.
    Cheers
    Bill

Thanks Bill,
    Will book a site for this weekend. Our next club meeting is on the 21st. I will get the word out there then. Denis will be away for the meeting.
    There was one or two bass caught during the variety toga on fly comp at burumba, but they seem to have lock jaw the the moment. They have got to come out to play sooner or later. Hope its the 22nd, 23rd.
    Jeff
    Fly rods were made to bend!

Jeff,
    The meeting is on tonight

Mick

Hi all. Rules and entry forms will be up in a matter of days. Will start a new thread with a link to the rules and entry forms when they are complete.
    The fishing should be firing as the weather warms up.
    On another note, we are looking at approaching the Borumba fish stocking association to see if they want to put on a dinner on the saturday night. And also, we may approach the Deer Park to see if they would like to do a sausage sizzle on the friday night and sunday lunch time. This sort of catering has been done at other comps and is very good. No need to cook yourself. Just rock up with a few drinks and enjoy everyones company.
    We will need numbers for this so if anyone is interested, can you let us know asap.
    Cheers
    Bill

Looking forward to this one Bill , being the only Bass comp dedicated to fly only in Australia , it is well worth the effort ( the little thats required) . Bill can we enter on the day ?
    Last years prizes were excellent I was stoked winning a new Minn Kota Bow mount , and I am sure Vaughn was rapt winning a Galeforce Boat !!

It is a fantastic Comp , I know there are heaps more guys out there who fish for Bass on fly successfully ,than the 30 + guys who showed up last year, well I read a lot from keyboard hero's, or dinosaurs who lurk around , it might be a good time to come out of the woodwork and see if you still have the skills ?

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Hey Chris
    Being a 2 day event this year, we will be taking last minute entries up till the friday night breifing. We won't be taking any more entries on the saturday morning. That way we can get the session going early and people aren't waiting around for any "maybe" late comers.
    The friday night breifing will be held at the Deer Park and sould be a great social night. I'm sure the beers will be flowing on both friday night and saturday night.
    The comments we got from last years comp was it was a great social outing. Great time to pick the brains of those who know what they are doing. Great time to compare gear and techniques as well.
    Hope to see you all there.
    Cheers
    Bill

Thanks Bill looks like I will be getting up ther on the friday night and cracking a few Brown Cordials

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Should be a nice social comp. Will definately have a "brown cordial" with you mate.
    Bill