Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCSWFF Bass On Fly 2008

SCSWFF Bass On Fly 2008

Hi everyone
    Would like to announce that the 2008 Bass on Fly Tournament is on once again at Lake Borumba this year.
    The tournament will be held in November the 21st, 22nd and 23rd. Friday the 21st is the breifing night at 7.30pm at the Deer Park.
    This year there has been a few minor changes. Instead of being just one six hour session, we have decided to go for two six hour sessions over a two day period.
    We will also be encouraging fish friendly handling techniques, such as barbless hooks and knotless nets this year. After all, it is a catch and release tournament and we want to see these beautiful fish stay healthy for other anglers to catch in the future.
    When more details, such as entry forms, rules and any other relative information become available, I will post a link to the site where they can be downloaded from.
    Hope to see you all there this year as last year proved to be a big success and those who attended will agree. Especially the lucky angler who walked away with the Galeforce Saratoga boat as the luck draw just for entering.

Bill

P.S. This year the location will stay at Lake Borumba, which has great accomodation facilities such as the beautiful Deer Farm, as well as camping grounds near the dam and motel in Imbil as well.

Re: SCSWFF Bass On Fly 2008

Hi Guys,
    The Deer Farm has another event booked this weekend so if your are thinking of staying the weekend in one of the on site vans I would look at booking soon. Phone number for the Deer Farm is 07 54 84519607 5484 5196
    There is also camping at the dam wall were the event was held last year.

Should be a good event.

Stuart

Guys, I wouldn't book anything just yet as the dates are yet to be confirmed. Once the dates are set, we will advise so those wishing to book accommodation can.
    Thanks
    Bill

Can't wait for this one , last year was awsome

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisho View Post
    Can't wait for this one , last year was awsome
    Says he who won last years tournament.
    Yes, should be an exciting one this year, especially with a few minor changes that will happen this year to make it an even better tournament.
    Cheers
    Bill

Just an update to confirm the dates for the 2008 Bass On Fly Tournament. The dates are now the 22nd and 23rd of November. Sorry for the date change, but the Deer Farm was booked out for the previous weekend. At this stage there are plenty of caravan and cabins available and also camp sites as well. The presentation will be held at the Deer Farm on the Sunday as well as the briefing on Friday night.
    When more details come to hand I will advise.
    Cheers
    Bill

Hi Sniper / flyfisho
    sorry I missed the last club meeting, lucky for me I had a week off and had four days fishing at Monduran sadly the fish didn't play the game but but still enjoyed the time off , Had two days at home sucessfully hooked a few talior on fly. keen to chat more about the up and coming events with the club. have a couple idea's for borumba chat soon. COOLA

Hi Vaugh
    You lucky bugger being able to get away for a week to fish Monduran. Not good that the fish didn't want to come out and play for you.
    Just rang the Deer Park at Borumba and it now confirmed that the tournament will be staged from the park. The breifing will be held at the under cover area near the kiosk on the friday night, as well as the presentation on sunday.
    There are plenty of caravans and cabins available at this stage, but its advised to book early so those wishing to stay in these don't miss out. Also, there is ample camping available for those wishing to pitch a tent.
    To book the accomodation, just give the Deer Park a ring on 07 54 845196. Just let them know that you will be with the Bass on Fly tournament.
    Cheers
    Bill

hi sniper, is it possible for you to PM me your phone number so i can contact you about tomorow nights meeting

thanks coola

Sory Vaughn
    Haven't been online for a little while. Just saw your message now after seeing you last night at the meeting. At least you got my number now.
    Chat to you soon.
    Bill

sound good guys, i might have to see if i can make it this year. i have not got a toga on a wand yet
    figjam :wink:

Hi Nuggstar. Be great to see you there. Yep, theres some good toga up there thats for sure. But they'll be a by catch during the comp being a Bass comp.
    Will be posting more details soon as they come to hand. Not far away now.
    Cheers
    Bill

Well its not far away now. Coming up very quickly.
    The finishing touches are being done as I type. Entry forms and rules will be up very shortly.
    It looks like its going to be a cracker with the water temp rising fast and the bass are starting to come out of their winter hibination. And with the dam still at close to if not at 100%, there is plenty of water to explore.
    Will post up link to rules and entry form as soon as they are up.
    Remember, its a 2 day comp this year, and will be staged at the Borumba Deer Farm, so if you haven't booked your site, van or cabin, then you might want to do it soon.

Cheers

Bill

any more info for us mate
    figjam :wink:

Will have more info very soon. We are just working on the finishing touches at the moment. Everything is still as stated above at this stage.
    Will advise with more details as soon as they are completed.
    Bill