Thread: !!!colmslie boat ramp!!!

Exclamation !!!colmslie boat ramp!!!

G'day fellow ausfishers i was wondering if any one has caught a decent sized bully or a common species of the jetty thing ????? I have only caught a 45cm bream and a 4 and a half foot bully !!!!!

Re: !!!colmslie boat ramp!!!

Mate, keechie and I went there a few weeks back - very shallow. I might come down tomorrow as I live nearby and see ya.

45cm bream you say? :O

yep it was only 45cm

only
    thats a horse
    Cheers
    BreamBuster33

lol yeah "önly 45cm" thats alot bigger than any bream i have ever caught
    boat minder- only $40 a day

a 1.2 meter bull shark? buddy, i don't know if you know much about sharks and there habits, but catching a shark that large on a beach, pier jetty what ever, is EXTRAORDINARILY unlikely. For one thing, bull sharks normally leave fresh water rivers and mouths and head out to open sea around the 70cm mark, and the only time they return is during breeding. But even then near a boat ramp is unlikely. The only time large bull sharks hitting 1.2m to 2.5 meters have been caught is up stream a bit and/or in channels and estuaries.
    Although could have happened... what do I know right?...

tailor boy i will probaly be goin out in the boat

So you won't be fishing the jetty or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish101 View Post
    a 1.2 meter bull shark? buddy, i don't know if you know much about sharks and there habits, but catching a shark that large on a beach, pier jetty what ever, is EXTRAORDINARILY unlikely. For one thing, bull sharks normally leave fresh water rivers and mouths and head out to open sea around the 70cm mark, and the only time they return is during breeding. But even then near a boat ramp is unlikely. The only time large bull sharks hitting 1.2m to 2.5 meters have been caught is up stream a bit and/or in channels and estuaries.
    Although could have happened... what do I know right?...
    wtf are you on about? they catch them well upstream right along the river to the mouth and out in the bay - over to straddie and beyond..

Me and my mates have caught them consistantly up to 5 foot as far up stream as oxley!!! I dont no wen breeding time is but it was late jan!
    ps... it was land based!
    cheers Simon

Google White sharks newcastle or somewhere around there.

I seen an article last year or so ago, about these lad's that had a chair strapped to the front of a 4x4 and were catching Whites off the beach. I also seen a pic in the CMail a little while back about a 6FT bully some young blokes caught in the brissy river.

Cheers

Shark mauls horse in Brisbane River
    March 23, 2005 - 6:34PM

A 500kg racing horse was dragged underwater by a bull shark while it was swimming in the Brisbane River, its trainer says.
    Alan Treadwell said six-year-old gelding Glen-burns Arm was in the river, near Kholo, west of Brisbane earlier this month when the horse "went over backwards and twisted and then all of a sudden he went berserk".
    Mr Treadwell, who is based in Grandchester, said he was exercising his star charge on a lead when a shark up to two metres long bit the pacer on the rump.
    "I saw this white thing come out of the water when he went over backwards," Mr Treadwell said.
    "I kept pulling and every time he surfaced I kept dragging him in. I was getting him in slowly and when he could stand he was just trembling and carrying on - he had a white tail when he come out of the water."
    The attack comes less than a month after a bull shark bit 18-year-old Nathan Shaxson on the finger and the head near a boat ramp at Karalee - only 15km downstream from the Kholo river site.

Although bull sharks are relatively small - most are between just 1.5 and 2.5 metres - they can cause death by loss of blood from bites or shock.
    They are found in most Australian water systems, including Sydney Harbour, the Brisbane River, the Swan River in Perth, Lake Macquarie near Newcastle and the Herbert River in north Queensland.
    Mr Treadwell said the attack lasted about 30 seconds, leaving a "jaw mark", puncture wounds and bruising around the horse's leg.
    "I never thought it'd happen," he said.
    "I know there's little sharks there they say, but I thought how big a shark could pull a horse down? He's 500 kilos."
    Shark expert Craig Franklin said while it was unknown just how big sharks grew to in the Brisbane River, they could reach as long as 3.5m.
    He said it was unusual for a bull shark to take on such a large "food item".
    "It was probably a mistake," the University of Queensland professor said.
    "They're opportunistic feeders, they tend to be quite aggressive sharks and it probably got a bit of a surprise to find it was quite a large food item."
    Mr Treadwell said his horses would now be trained in a nearby dam.
    "It's a lot safer," he said.

All the same..........

there is some quite deep water near the colmslie boat ramp.....just down stream and not all that far is the old mobil oil wharf.. it is somthing like 6 or 7 meters deep in front of there
    that would be pretty well at the end of a chanell.

I wouldnt be surprised what came by around there.

I've seen dolphins right next to the pontoon.

who knows.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    All the same..........

there is some quite deep water near the colmslie boat ramp.....just down stream and not all that far is the old mobil oil wharf.. it is somthing like 6 or 7 meters deep in front of there
    that would be pretty well at the end of a chanell.

I wouldnt be surprised what came by around there.

I've seen dolphins right next to the pontoon.

who knows.

cheers
    Yeah it's quite deep at the boat ramp but there are nooooo fish