Thread: 1770 charter

1770 charter

has anyone done an extenderd trip out of 1770 on any of the chater boats that are there was thinking of doing one soon just wondering what it was like

Re: 1770 charter

Mate,
    A few years back i went to 1770 for a wedding and tied it in with some fishing. It worked well the chicks did their wedding stuff and the guys went fishing. The big group went out on a 2-3 day charter and it was a disaster. The skipper and deckie got stoned, the little fish they caught went off casue they forgot to turn on the freezer and the clients nearly had to skipper the ship back to shore. They returned 1 day early and we not refunded their monies.

On the other hand we booked a day trip. The guy rocked up in this piece of sh!t rig that hardly looked like it would float for the day. His tackle box was whatever was rolling around the dash (seriously) but he led us to some great fishing.

The moral of the story is make sure you do your homework and be careful who you go out with. I am sure that there are some great operators out of 1770 and the fishing rocks.

Hope this helps
    Daniel

thanks daniel there is some dogey operaters out there might just have to take my own boat and search around myself

Going on a 3 day charter from 1770 at the end of july with some mates (couple of fellow austfish's as well)
    Going on the Mv James Cook, heard some good reports on prevous charters so hopefully weather permitting get amonst them.Will post a report afterwards.
    mark

Friend of mine went on a great 1-day charter out of 1770 a few weeks back. I can find out which mob if you need.

Stick with the small guy and in this case the tried and long term operator, Peter Stevens from Sportfish 1770 on 0749749686.

my family is goes up there evey year and we had 435 hornet and just out of the bay and got many makeral school and spanish but our freind got a 20 kilo spanish makeral and we and getting a 5.4 riptide and hoping to get out to bolt i recon it would be great

This was the one my mate went on and recommends
    http://www.1770tours.com/

Like Smithy said SPORTFISH , even though the business is for sale i`ve had a lot of good reports about him. Strongy

thanks have decided to take my own boat up there and have a look around so does anyone have some gps marks they are willing to share for up that way i've got plenty of good sunnycoast marks to swap

Mate, went for a trip from there in may .. went out with the james cook for 3 nights...was a fun trip but after talking to others that have been up there and my own personal experience we may have been better off with someone else...

Poppers81