Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cheap Chinese Boats

Re: Cheap Chinese Boats

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionNQ View Post
    I
    These weren't designed by the Chinese, however they are good copiers. It looks like an American style.
    You wouldn't beleive the price if I told you.
    So....do please tell us....How much to land one of those little suckers here??

Scott

Scott the hullform on those reminds me of a classic seacraft, if it is then it would be an honest to goodness top offshore rig.

Yes please do tell the price.

cheers fnq

Mr. Bruce Lee
    manager, export
    Stacer 525 easyrider - 115 DI. Bayside Brissy

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Scott the hullform on those reminds me of a classic seacraft, if it is then it would be an honest to goodness top offshore rig.

Yes please do tell the price.

cheers fnq
    Thanks for the link,Scott...it looks like a tidy unit,doesn't it.
    I'd love to know the landed cost....
    It's difficult to imagine how the local boat manufacturers intend to survive...unless they just become resellers for their hulls built in china.

If you have a spare umbrella..I'll take one too.

I am just about out of umbrellas and need just a few more days to sling a tarp over the lot of them.

Why? The China story seems okay except for their falling exports and long supply and distribution lines. Razor thin margins, rising energy costs, falling domestic markets, malinvestment and financial stress can turn their domestic demand off as quick as switching off a light.

On top of that we have just had three warning shots across the bows by the United States Ship, "Black Hole of Debt and Derivatives"

The first - a sixteen inch shell labelled Bear Stearns; second, an eight inch shell carrying the name Indy Mac Bank; the last sixteen incher has rattled the rivets and was labelled Fannie and Freddie.

I hope the captain is in charge and we will do a one eighty and go racing back to port but if it's the Irish Exec officer on the bridge he's liable to yell out, " Let's do a three sixty and get the hell out of here!"

My lifejacket is on and the life boats are looking very attractive right now.

Those that are interested in a price or more info can pm me.

Stevea, I have tried to pm you a reply, and it said it can't find you. As you can pm me, send your e-mail addy and we can go from there.
    Cheers
    Lee

The Germans still make about 5 brands of luxury car and they are still much in demand at any price.. This is because they have a good reputaion for quality, performance and innvation. That's the only attitude Aussie manufacturing can take.. Make good stuff and people will pay for it.