Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What oil do you use when cooking?

Re: What oil do you use when cooking?

Rice Bran oil, very high smoke point.

Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Yes, but just watch olive oil in your good non stick pans, it will buggar up the surface after a while, it leaves a residue whih isn't so non stick

Bill

Also olive oil is not good on cast BBQs or so BBQs Galore told me when I replaced it with a teflon coated SS plate and ditto for the grills.

C
    What could go wrong.......................

I disagree about good quality first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil not having a strong flavour......It does...and I love the flavour it has, and use it quite liberally in a lot of the cooking I do. But I do not use it with delicate flavoured white fleshed fish as I think it overpowers the fish. I would rather use a light oil such as peanut oil, or a neutral oil like canola, with a couple of drops of sesame oil..to allow the flavour of the fish to come through. I have yet to find a 'house brand oil' that stacks up to the top quality brands.

Greg

I used to use oilive oil, but now use rice bran oil all the time

Hope i dont upset anybody but Olive Oil is not meant to be used in fry pans or barbi plates..Its mainly used in Salads or cooking as its a good product consumable oil if that may be the best way to describe it..
    Rice Oil or whatever frying oils turn you on but you only destroy a good Olive Oil by using it in a frypan or barbi Plate..
    Still folks in Uerpean Countries who dip their bread in Olive oil and chew on it, n said to be so good for one??..
    Cheers