Thread: Warning To Boaties

Warning To Boaties

Hi all just a quick warning to all boaties, over this weekend the 6th of july i went away for 2 days, Im a commerical fisherman from the port of brunswick heads and when i returned to the boat on monday i found that i had been broken into, they stole

FURUNO GPS
    FURUNO SOUNDER
    GME CD/AM/FM RADIO
    COBRA VHF RADIO
    GME (new) EPIRB

The police are coming today to finger print the boat hopefully not in vain as its rained all day and i called them yesterday at 530pm and still have had no word back yet ,
    Its a really ####ed world we live in today there are so many reports of steeling that now when you get robbed the police tell you to ring there 131444 number to report it , such a shame that you try to speak to a police man and you get some dick weed on a bloody pizza hot line that has NO idea about anything,
    The people that stole this were smart they did not "smash and grab" they were clean and tidy and only broke my wind screen by the looksof it trying to steel the ariel from the roof,
    These item were stolen from a solid locked aluim box from under a light at a public place so i dont know what to say to help in protecting you guy stuff, Just be suss on sounders and gps sold with no cables!!!!!
    Hope this helps if any body trys to sell you a furuno with 600 gps marks in it tell them im gunna kick the living shit out of them !!!!
    Thanks Craig

Re: Warning To Boaties

Well you've got a few hundred others keeping an eye out for your stuff now, Craig. Pricks!

Good luck

What Model Furuno's Craig.

I will keep an eye out around here
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Hi guys thanks for that it was a furuno fvc 581 L sounder and i carnt think of the gps modle number bloody mentle block the insurence company has all of my owners manuals so i carnt go look what it is right now,
    Every body in the town has there ear to the ground here for me , and a friend said to make sure i put it on aus fish some how i didn't even think of it !!!
    Thanks again for the help every body ,
    Craig
    P.S. ALL FISHERMEN FISHING IN THE EVANS HEAD FISHING CLASSIC BE WARNED EVERY YEAR SHIT GOES MISSING THERE AND I WOULD RECOMEND PULLING THEM OUT OF YOUR BOATS EVEN IF YOU HAVE IT LOCKED IN A BOX!!!!!!
    Craig

It should be a reminder that we all should take all details and even photos of all the equipment on our boats now, so that IF we were to lose anything these details will make it easier for reporting to police.

Too late after there gone. If you have ever lost your wallet you know how hard it is to remember what cards were inside let alone their numbers.

Jeffrey

Mark them with a UV pen when you photo them and also engrave in your drivers lic on the casings. Near impossible to identify stolen gear even when it is recovered so the little towrags get away scott free. Being engrqaved at least you know a lot of people won't touch it and then the scum don't get paid and have to take another risk to get more gear and hopefully get caught. If only more were convicted it would be a deterrent. Risky business stealing from boats as owners bust their ass to buy em and take particular distaste to thieves - hope they get caught