Thread: 1st time message

Thumbs up 1st time message

Hey guys.

I discovered this site by accident and upon reading the forums I discovered how everyone is very helpful and always giving positive advice.

I am fairly new to boating as I have only been doing it for the past year and a half, but I must say it is like an addictive drug and I cant get enough of it now. I live in the Bayside area of Brisbane and love going out in Moreton Bay whenever I can. I started getting about in my Stacer 4.3m Runabout with a 50hp Yamaha with the family, but now I found that it was just that little bit small for what I wanted as we as a family like to go camping on Straddie and it would be a double trip, 1st to take the family over and the 2nd to take the camping gear.

Well I hope to have fixed this problem as I will be picking up my new Freedom Escape 5.3meter half cab with an Evinrude 115hp Etec. With this package I should be able to do the camping trip in one go and I am keen to go to the deeper areas of Moreton Bay and gain experience to go off shore to chase some decent size snapper for the wife.

I look forward to chatting to many of you in this forum.

Cheers

Neil

Re: 1st time message

Hey neil, welcome to ausfish & all the best with the new toy !!

Mark

Hey Neil - I recently have bought the same boat and I can tell you we've been stoked!

My fiancee and I have had it for a few months now and we can't get enough of running around Moreton Bay (from Redcliffe) and gettin heaps of decent fishing in when the weather's right.

Same deal - we're getting our experience up before we tackle Moreton Island / Tangy wrecks and maybe on a good day, a bit of off-shore

Good times ahead mate - nice choice.

Gday and welcome to Ausfish Punchy...looking forward to your first set of piccies...enjoy it here
    (Mrs Benno1)