View Poll Results: What Brand of Sounder Do You Use?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Humminbird

46 22.33%
  • Eagle

17 8.25%
  • Lowarance

45 21.84%
  • Navman

17 8.25%
  • Furuno

74 35.92%
  • Garmin

17 8.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sounders

Re: Sounders

Im just wondering how many of you that use raymarine sounders, fish in the bream and bass comps around the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How old are you meepee 99?

I have never seen a hummingbird do the hard yards yet ..maybe the new ones might change that..freshwater is a whole different game to salt and that is where raymarine, foruno and koden are top shelf .. then lowrance, garmin 2nd shelf and only if you got given a hummingbird it was on the 3rd shelf

bass and bream comps don't mean much when all the top guys are sponsored and never have them the 10 years that Joe average with a mortgage has to

take a step outside and see what its like in the real world

SL
    IFISHCQ2

Nah im 16 and just got my first boat (electric, sounders, full gear)

But keeping the same sounder for ten years are you serious, five years is a long time to have the same sounder!!!!!!!!!!

I just find my 383c and my dads hummie and all my friends hummie work awesome and hav never had a problem with them. i believe the furunos, raymarine and that give a funny reading (a more offshore reading), and find it very hard to use in the estuaries and dams!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats why i asked both the comp thing!!!!!!

Thats insane. The Raymarine was what was called Raytheon - made by Thales in UK and France. Its gear that has been used by the Navy for years and is excellent (I dont have one - I have a Garmin 178C, but I know about them and have a hand held unit (GPS) that they make). To suggest that H'Bird is the bees knees is simply misconceived, especially when you have not even heard of Raymarine.

Please dont make polls like this unless willing to change them to include other serious units like Raymarine, Koden, JRC etc.

Thanks

Mate you CANT change them!!!!!!!!!!

So you are all offshore fisherman that use raymarine and furuno

Thought so!!!!!!!

Ask anyone that goes to the big boat shows like Sanctuary Cove what electronics the big boats are usually equipped with?. Yep, Raymarine!

Cheers

Dave

I said they are the best for estuaries and dams.

I would never put a humminbird on an offshore boat, i would use furuno!!!!!!!!!!!

Mate you have no idea. Raymarine are one of the bigger players who sit alongside the commercial guys like JRC. Infact you will find a lot of raymarine stuff fitted inshore commercial vessels. So to say you have never heard of raymarine is showing your ignorance. So before you you go getting all smartarse about it perhpas you should listen to the guys who actaully know what they are talking about. Reading mags on some guy who is sponsored to fish in a damn is hardly making you an expert on this subject.

And BTW, I dont fish offshore and I dont own a raymarine or jrc or furuno
    Last edited by TheRealAndy; 13-07-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: addition

And i never said that furuno and that werent good sounders, i hav friends that use these sounder and i find them to be very good sounders, but in my expirences i hav found humminbird to be the best sounder to use in dams and estuaries with furuno being the best for offshore use. (I hav used all the sounders above). This is just my opion, yours is prob different and it doesnt bother me and i being an estuary and dam fisherman decided that they were the six sounders i wanted in my poll!!!!!!!!!!

Outsider, how many of those big boats are for the main purpose of fishing???????????

this is getting old quickly

tell me bout it, PEOPLE STOP CRYING BOUT A STUPID SOUNDER I SAID THAT WAS MY OPION, EVERYONES IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT. I SAID HUMMINBIRD IS THE BEST SOUNDER FOR THE TYPE OF FISHING I DO. YOU FISHING STYLE IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT SO YOUR SOUNDER IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT.

THESE ARE THE SIX SOUNDERS MY FRIENDS USE SO THESE ARE THE SOUNDERS I POLLED

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeePee_99 View Post
    tell me bout it, PEOPLE STOP CRYING BOUT A STUPID SOUNDER I SAID THAT WAS MY OPION, EVERYONES IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT. I SAID HUMMINBIRD IS THE BEST SOUNDER FOR THE TYPE OF FISHING I DO. YOU FISHING STYLE IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT SO YOUR SOUNDER IS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT.

THESE ARE THE SIX SOUNDERS MY FRIENDS USE SO THESE ARE THE SOUNDERS I POLLED

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No need to raise your shift button Mr Mee Pee. That never solves anything.

May I please ask what you hope to derive from this unique poll?

I must say though whilst in the neighbourhood that at 16 yrs of age & to have used all the "above" & have the confidence you do, one would think you'll be driving oil tankers at 21 yrs of age fitted with Hummingbirds.