View Poll Results: What Brand of Sounder Do You Use?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Humminbird

46 22.33%
  • Eagle

17 8.25%
  • Lowarance

45 21.84%
  • Navman

17 8.25%
  • Furuno

74 35.92%
  • Garmin

17 8.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sounders

Re: Sounders

All the fella i kno and fish with use mainly humminbird, with some using lowarance and furuno!!!

Interesting to see that furuno is taking most of the votes in the early stage (would of thought if would be humminbird)

I have a Furuno FCV 620 as well as a OAR backup. The Oar works really well and never fails in shallow water. I am also looking at a Raymarine one soon. They have been around for a long while and are as good as the others.

No Koden either....

In the small colour units I think Furuno holds the title with Raymarine a close second. The Eagle Lowrance are basically the same and I would not get a Himminbird unless working dams
    For a poll not to include Raymarine certainly detracts from its credibility and value
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

the boat we bought has a 787 hummingbird combo only wish it had a furuno.. ohh well thats on one thing thats on the list to spend on the boat!
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Nah i find humminbird awesome i would not own a boat without a humminbird sounder (unless i was sponsored by someone)

Maybe it i was an offshore fisherman i would have a furuno, but bream and bass all the way!!!!

I voted Humminbird because that's what I've got at the moment, but I've got to tell you I'll never own another one. It is a piece of crap.

Why,
    My humminbird works great i had to make a few changes to the set up, but its clear as clear, reads near perfect and i can mark a stop on the gps and go back to it to be within a metre or so!!! Ive got a 383c and my dads got a matrix 97x colour one!!!

I'm waiting and watching the Humminbird 997si reduce in price. As soon as they approach the US$1000 i'm going to get one.. prob early next year.

I"ll keep my Lowrance for navigation and a spare.

Leaving out Raymarine is like Batman without Robin, Laverne without Shirley, Dr Evil without Austin Powers etc etc

I'm sure this same poll has been done before........

where can you buy raymarine i have never seen it in any boat shop or tackle store in se qld!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeePee_99 View Post
    where can you buy raymarine i have never seen it in any boat shop or tackle store in se qld!!!!
    http://www.raymarine.com.au/how-to-buy/australia/

can't vote - no raymarine - looks like we'd be leading too!!!! I've got a ds500x that I'm very happy with - had it for over 4 years - no problems

You'll see raymarine represented at most major electronic reputable dealers, Glass craft in the valley, most Bias boating bits, some of the better marine boat dealers

dismiss raymarine to your peril!!!!!