Thread: Vareity Children's Toga on fly competition

Vareity Children's Toga on fly competition

Hi All

The Variety Children's Toga on Fly competition is on again for its fourth year.
    This Great comp is full of big prizes from Cunningham's Marine ,Humminbird
    TT lures, Stealth fly rods ,Mossops Tackle & many more sponsors.
    It all so actracks many of the big Names from the bass pro series such as
    Steve Kanowski Carl Jocumsen & John Scholfield.
    This Great comp all so helps the sick & needy Children of QLD
    And fly fishing in South east Queensland.
    So come along learn more about fly fishing and have lots of fun.

Dates are the 27th & 28th of september 2008

for more info email redlaughter@optusnet.com.au
    or ring Jeremy on 0419739917

Re: Vareity Children's Toga on fly competition

good to hear it's on again Jeremy . I reckon our club will be participating a bit better this year . I am really looking forward to it. How about promoting barbless hooks this year ? seeing as this is widely regarded catch and release species and there eyes are very close to the hook sett area for some flys. Just an idea

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Thumbs up Re: Vareity Children's Toga on fly competition

Hi Flyfisho

Thank you for the idea i will look at putting it in place

have you got any dates for your bass comp

cheers Jeremy

Sounds like a good fun time should be had by all competing looks like a comp that will sort out the serious fly fishers chasing toga

Jeremy,
    Been hanging out for this one. Great spot and had a top time last year.
    There is a crew from the SEQFF'S keen for this one. It will be good to catch up with the lads from the north coast club as well. Might try and check the lay of the land a few weeks before.
    Jeff.
    Fly rods were made to bend!

Thank Jeff

Iwell see you all at next meeting to give a talk on the comp & hand out entry forms.
    cheers Jeremy

Jeremy,
    Have been talking to some of the new members who haven't fished Burumba or had a crack at toga on fly before. They are as keen as mustard for this one. See you at the meeting.

Jeff

not long to go now hope to see you there

Thanks jeremy

So how did the weekend go. Any results/horses?
    Norm

We would like to say thanks to Jeremy & co for a top weekend comp, and the support recieved from the sponsors . COOLA
    Vaughn,Brendan,Juanita.

it's all about the KIDS

Coola,
    I would like to second the vote of thanks to all the wonderful people who made the Variety Toga on Fly event possible. These events are very much about promoting fly fishing as a fun activity and at the same time supporting a great cause.
    The way the events are structured, and run, makes for the best oppertunity for both "learning and laughter", that I have ever had the pleasure of participating in.
    Also the sponsors who have come on board says a lot for both the cause, and fly fishing into the future.
    With burumba at close to 100% it was also a great opertunity for the camera to weave it's magic as well. It was great to see the spread of experience, age and gender all having a top time.
    It was also great to see one of the ladies top score. Congratulations Helen.
    Can't wait for the next Vatiety Fly event, Bass on fly at Maroon dam in the early part of next year.
    Yes you are spot on,
    Its all about the kids,
    Jeff

It was my first time there, I had a ball, I will be in it next year for sure.

cheers vince.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it this year. Was all lined up to fish it, then the boss calls in a favour and I had to work on the saturday. Did make it up there on the sunday though, and went to the presentation. Looked like everyone had a ball there.
    Unfortunately, only one member of the SCSWFF fished the comp, Coola. Thanks for flying the flag Vaughn. Asked several members why they didn't make it and most said they had family commitments and work commitments.
    On behalf of the club, I appologise for the lack of members turning up. Next year will be a totally different story.
    Jeremy, when you know the dates for next years bass and toga comps, can you let me know and I will spread the word around the club to make sure they all know the dates.
    Cheers
    Bill