Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lake Awoonga

Re: Lake Awoonga

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Thats the best Mondy barra I have seen in a while form the puddle, yep Awoonga is the place dreams are made and for-filled

Make sure your well spooled up if you hit Awoonga its not uncommon for TWO fish to hit the lure at the same time!!!!!!

Hey XXXX started in Victoria.

Nath
    that explains everything

Nagg

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Barnes View Post
    I'm interested in the barra fishing at Lake Awoonga some time 2009, what are the better seasons, I'm going to tow the boat up, B/Fin Barracuda and stay a week, then a week at 1770 any info on either would be grateful.

Terry
    Gday Terry.Barra fishing at Awoonga is year round.Do yourself a favour and hire a guide for a day.You will learn so much and save alot of time.There is plenty of accomodation close to the dam.Camping and cabins.Motel at nearby Benaraby.Lake Monduran near Gin Gin has been producing some huge fish latley and would definently be worth a look.Good camping at the lake.1770 is a beautiful place at anytime of year.Great offshore fishing when weather is good(Big Reds).Great creek fishing and crabbing also.1770 has it all.All sorts of accomodation from 5 star to bush camping.Have fun!!

Dan

Ok Guys , there is too much fishing pressure on Awoonga in winter so l think action needs to be taken.....Last week there was a least five trailers at the ramp during the day... l am going to write to GAWB to get a closed season at Awoonga during winter ,,, if you live outside of the postcode 4680 . no fishing unless you go with a guide... As you can see l have thought about this long and hard...There will be a checkpoint where you paperwork will be checked... There is a couple of guys that used to work at Lenthals dam,, so they will know what to do....Just thought of something else... if you wish you can go with a local thats ok but no fishing...you can watch him and take photos of his fish...There may be a small charge to cover his expences....

i will use one of the best again next visit trev

Terry (actually anyone really!)

If your looking for a great house at 1770, I rented a house last year called 'merroni' up on the headland at 1770..$550 week off peak, close to boat ramp, BEST views as it is the street below the VMR lookout. Rented it thru beaches of 1770 real estate (just google that). Has 2 bedrooms, 1double and one with 3 or 4 single beds, MASSIVE vveranda with bbq etc. Boat parking is right out the front on the road (about 2 cars a day go past...safe) and is in easy reach of freshwater hose for flushing. Awesome setup/postion for fishing crew.

Steve

praise be, some straight answers to a simple question from a fellow fisho, dont you blokes relize that similar posts as found in this thread is the reason ausfish has lost some great members and isnt like it used to be blah blah blah blah rubbish rubbish drivel

Terry, as you can see the boys, and the odd girl, on here are a friendly mob and more than happy to help out, my apoligies if we have sidetracked the post a little, in all honesty, dont forget monduran, great place to fish

chris, that stone fish cant be from brisbane, if he was a true QUEENSLANDER!! he would have been wearing maroon

cheers
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    praise be, some straight answers to a simple question from a fellow fisho, dont you blokes relize that similar posts as found in this thread is the reason ausfish has lost some great members and isnt like it used to be blah blah blah blah rubbish rubbish drivel

Terry, as you can see the boys, and the odd girl, on here are a friendly mob and more than happy to help out, my apoligies if we have sidetracked the post a little, in all honesty, dont forget monduran, great place to fish

chris, that stone fish cant be from brisbane, if he was a true QUEENSLANDER!! he would have been wearing maroon

cheers
    brian
    I think what has happened Brian we have gone off track a tad the excitement of winning 3 series in a row has distracted us somewhat........But as u know advice and assistance is always paramount for those who require assistance.........I wonder if we can contact the NSW Selectors and offer help....I think pride would get in the road......all they have to do is call Phil (Mr McGoo )Gould he apparently know's everything.....doesn't he

Thanks guys for the replies on Awoonga & 1770. the trip will have to be well planned as it is a 3000 + klm trip there and back and it all sounds worth while. Found a bunch of guys down my way who were up at Awoonga last November and returning again this November and are going to make this their annual fishing trip, so I may join them in 2009.

Terry