Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Awoonga

Re: Lake Awoonga

nath, I know a bloke whos neighbours dads mechanic goes to church with a fella that heard some guy at the pub talkin about the place

trev, good to hear their still chewin, some big girls in there for sure

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    So Steve, Monduran is go slow now?
    Na mate, Just trying to jokingly steer em away to awoonga for something different!!! Its going OK, not super, but OK. I landed 1 on fri arvo and dropped/hits from another 4 between thurs arvo and fri arvo.

Whitto, I have to be honest I originally skull dragged homer with lip grips and bass net up the rear taking the weight. not the prettiest or 'reccommended' so I feel pretty bad, after a few quick photos, back in the water hanging of the grips. Then Eric netted it with BIG net and rest is history. It swam off good...after that???? I'd like to think its OK. Adrenaline has a bit to do with it. I was definalty shaking heaps after...and stuffed!!

Steve

Hi Steve, don't bother trying to send anyone to awoonga it's dead slow at the moment. Trev and myself only landed 6 on thursday and then 5 on friday, which is down about 66% on the week before and it rained most of last night so rapid cooling at present should make it harder again. I hear that monduran is still fishing great though so no need to travel for another hour and a half up here. Only 4-5 boats out on the water, magic, cheers scott.

Scott,
    down 66% and only 11 fish in 2 days....you poor buggers it must be so hard to cope with that!! Ha Ha.

I think thats a good sign beatiful scenic fish-a-plenty Awoonga IS going better than the dirty old dodgey mudhole shutdown Monduran!!
    Steve.

Good one Steve, Monduran may lack quantity but the quality is much better than awoonga. The 3 fish trev got on saturday were bigger than anything we've caught in awoonga for 6 months. So Monduran is definitely the place to go to get big fish.
    Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Good one Steve, Monduran may lack quantity but the quality is much better than awoonga. The 3 fish trev got on saturday were bigger than anything we've caught in awoonga for 6 months. So Monduran is definitely the place to go to get big fish.
    Scott.
    I smell a rat here.....How on earth can you compare Mudhole Monduran to that Prestine Wonderland know as Awesome Awoonga....God's country where The Barra are Hughhhhh in number as well as Hughhhhhh in size....I myself give Mudhole Monduran a wide birth by travelling the western route just to get to Awoonga..........Whitto

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Scott.
    Scott ..... now you are not trying to mislead us are you ......
    Trev off an Awoonga beach in March Attachment 30392

Nagg

apparently the water at monduran stains the paint on your boat, corrodes your trailer, and is used by southern breweries to make their beer - apparently

got this with trev last week not a nice place to be really

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    apparently the water at monduran stains the paint on your boat, corrodes your trailer, and is used by southern breweries to make their beer - apparently
    Now Brian ..... You cant catch barra in the Cooks River & I know that xxxx use water from river at Yatala!!!!

You can only fool some of the people ...... some of the time!

Nagg

sorry people pic never came out will try again

Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    sorry people pic never came out will try again

Looks like something out of the Brisbane river

Nagg

warrior, that is one ugly monduran barra, that thing makes the little trip up the road to big A all the more worth it, looks like you got it in the deep water of the basin as well?????????

Thats the best Mondy barra I have seen in a while form the puddle, yep Awoonga is the place dreams are made and for-filled

Make sure your well spooled up if you hit Awoonga its not uncommon for TWO fish to hit the lure at the same time!!!!!!

Hey XXXX started in Victoria.

Nath

that made me laff nath