Dune 2011 Hobie Outback [Wife]
    Ocean 2011 Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11 [Son]
    Purple Mist 2011 Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11 [Daughter]

Re: bulk buy new epirb?

and the list gets longer! i,m in too thanks ian

Here is some important info about buying 406Mhz EPIRBs;

http://beacons.amsa.gov.au/approved_models.asp#buyer

Most of the overseas models don't comply with Australian regulation requirements. They also tend to be significantly dearer than the Australian compliant models which is a change from the norm.! This is because there was a concerted effort between the Oz authorities and manufacturers to keep the cost down.

Good luck guys, hope you can strap up a good deal. I already have mine or otherwise I would be in too. Maybe an Ausfish dealer member might be about to help? Perhaps even consider it as a fund raiser for VMR or similar and get a manufacturer involved!

Cheers

Dave

Iam in and my mate would also want one. Polky.

Great Idea, I reckon I can get another 3 mates interested as well.

I would look at one also if there was a significant saveing in comparison to R.R.P ......matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

some food for thought in all this , a very intelligent friend of mine even though he is a kiwi , tells me that the gme 406 is built to the absolute minimum specs for a 406 epirb and the pains wessex is of a far better qaulity and specs. may be worth getting prices for both and some further opinions about which way to go .

Sorry for the delay in responding but I didn't have access to a computer over the w/end. I spoke to a few retailers over the w/end and the story from almost all of them was they are selling at near cost price at $399 and the most anyone would do was $395. I did get some prices for pains wessex which replace the battery free after 5 years to give another 5 years service. A bulk buy of these would be at $475 per unit which when you take into account the fact that gme haven't given a solid price for battery replacement ( only a ball park figure of $120-150) is probably a better deal. Not everyone sells these but the retailer I spoke to would be happy to lodge everyone's registration papers and to pick-up directly from them. This retailer is at Redcliffe.
    So it seems that we can't do alot better than normal retail on the gme's but I'm probably leaning towards the pains wessex anyway myself. The pains wessex is physically a slightly larger unit but over the course of ten years works out cheaper and from what Marcos kiwi mate says is a better quality unit.
    Thats the deal so far. If anyone knows someone who can do better by all means let us know.
    Cheers.........Terry.......

I don't know many (if any) retailers that sell at near cost, though a lot may say that.
    Maybe Mr. Ausfish could look at selling these, even as a one off exercise.
    I am sure everyone on here would be happy to pay a deposit (if not all) up front to reduce the purchase outlay.
    I am sure we can do better than $5 dollars off.
    Even distributers and wholesalers give bulk discounts.

How do I get a message to him?

PS... Oh and I'll be needing one.

could you approach the manufacturer or distributor directly for a cost price. if you are going to order 20 or 30 of these in 1 hit, thats a lot of $$$. i'm sure they would work something out for you.

like the others. i'd be interested if the price is right.

Thanks for doing the ground work Terry. The Pains Wessex one sounds as though it is the one to go for, if we can be sure it is the best.I don't particularly swim all that well when trying to save my life so I'm up for the best , even if it's not the cheapest. The quicker they can find me & get me out of there all the better Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Found the PW RB6 at a Sydney retailer for $401.50 (Cheapest) $525 at a Morton bay joint (Dearest )
    I must admit I'd rather the Pains Wessex.

Quote Originally Posted by flybloke View Post
    Found the PW RB6 at a Sydney retailer for $401.50 (Cheapest) $525 at a Morton bay joint (Dearest )
    I must admit I'd rather the Pains Wessex.
    401 is a bloody good price , best i have found is 470 for the pains wessex for a bulk buy of 15 plus can you let me know the retailer in sydney please if you dont mind cheers mark

Just spoke to state distributors for pains wessex and gme and we cannot buy directly. Flybloke, I just spoke to the retailer that gave me the $475 price and he said to make sure that the $401 price includes the free battery replacement after 5 years. If not you are looking at app.$150-200 extra after 5 years.
    Also the regular price on the P.W. is $590.00. At this stage it would appear that anyone can buy the gme's for $399 if you look around and I haven't been able to find anyone prepared to go any lower than $395 and he is an Ausfisher member as well.
    It's only early days yet but unless someone om this site has a distribution deal with the suppliers I don't think we will get a massive discount. I will make some more phone calls and let you all know whats doing.
    Cheers.....Terry..........

Cool, Good try anyhow.
    Re the 401 dollar unit, Do you think I can find the outlet again?
    I think it was in Kirrabilly, "Boat shop", or something like that, Had a silly cartoon with a dude in a dingy. Just spent Half an hour trying to find it again, I give up