Thread: Hinze Report Sunday 29th

Hinze Report Sunday 29th

Hi Guys,
    Fished Hinze yesterday with a mate from the western arm. Fished from 7:30-12:30 for 3 fish. 1 40cm and 2 just undersize. All the fish were males and were carrying excellent condition, even for this time of year.

The bigger fish came on a spinnerbait and the smaller guys on a suspending jerkbait. Plenty of fish schooling along secondary dropoffs on the shoulders of points,but wernet responsive to soft plastics, fly, jackalls (mask's, TN's and silents), g-vibes, ice jigs, skirted jigs, bladed vibrations or anything else we tried through them!

Pretty tough going indeed. Hopefully in a few weeks they will start chewing. Also saw a few toga but they ignored our best offerings as well!

Cheers,
    Matt

Re: Hinze Report Sunday 29th

Thanks for the report Matt. I'm keen to get up there and give it a crack. We've now got a boat suitable hope it won't be too long. What were the water temps like? At least you didn't come home with a donut.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Hi Kim,
    The temps were around the 17 degrees mark, at 1.5m depth. The water is very clear with visibility of probably over 4m, so the surface temp at 12 noon was 19 degrees.

This time last year we were getting some really nice fish and plenty of them. They havent really fallen into their winter pattern yet, so hopefully they will start chewing soon. Give them another month or so and they should be in full swing (fingers crossed).

Matt

They seem to be taking their time to start acting like winter Bass...They must be sulking or something, as I was expecting them to be biting by now.

Ahhh...the lure of a 3kilo Bass keeps bringing us back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh77 View Post
    They seem to be taking their time to start acting like winter Bass...They must be sulking or something, as I was expecting them to be biting by now.

Ahhh...the lure of a 3kilo Bass keeps bringing us back though.
    Same story for North Pine Dam.....I wish they'd hurry up and get busy . The last two weeks have really been slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    Hi Kim,
    The temps were around the 17 degrees mark, at 1.5m depth. The water is very clear with visibility of probably over 4m, so the surface temp at 12 noon was 19 degrees.

This time last year we were getting some really nice fish and plenty of them. They havent really fallen into their winter pattern yet, so hopefully they will start chewing soon. Give them another month or so and they should be in full swing (fingers crossed).

Matt
    wow. 4m visability. Clarrie Hall would be barely a metre for visibility right up to the middle reaches. temps about the same tho'.

Hi Pumba, thanks for the report. Havent been to the dam for over a month as I have been away for work and then pleasure. Probably wont get out there for another few weeks yet also. Hopefully by then there will be a bit more action. There were some top fish there last winter but it was a much different dam then in drought conditions. It was also the time when they started to feed more heavily on the grunter and they may have sensed going into a flood - thats what some said at the time. You certainly threw everything at them. Good work on the ones you got.