Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What would you do if fishing was banned ?

Re: What would you do if fishing was banned ?

Well i would buy a cheap 200 foot cat and live out the swains if any one comes im diving not that many people will have many reasons to go there any more.

cheers tassie JR

Breed flying fish in my pool/dam and catch them with butterfly nets or ban seafood from the fat cat politicians menus at their "meetings"
    Barker Transport Logistic Services
    Transport Solutions for Every Job

For a fantastic adventure: www.mvwaiben.com

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/Waiben/

Buy arms from the underground just so I could belt the ###### over the head who got a little confused.

Just as a matter of interest.

do ya thing a medium sized overhead spooled with 50lb braid and 80lb leader an a gang of #7/0 hooks would be approprite for fishing for pollies?

I hear there are heaps of them clinging to structure in a bend in the river at the end of George St.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    Just as a matter of interest.

do ya thing a medium sized overhead spooled with 50lb braid and 80lb leader an a gang of #7/0 hooks would be approprite for fishing for pollies?

I hear there are heaps of them clinging to structure in a bend in the river at the end of George St.

cheers
    Yep, sounds good. How do you string a Minority Vote onto a hook? I've heard they're really good bait for Pollies...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

you see there is the problem, a vocal minority is certainly a good burley, and the pollies will school around it very enthusiasticly but you realy have to come up with better bait than that if you want to hook one.

a vocal minority with an emotional issue, that has broad appeal and the possibility of personal consequences has been proven to be a reliable bait.
    But remember the best of these baits are like soft plastics....... have the look and smell of a solid issue but in truth are devoid of all substance.

The problem with the average polly is that they will often bite on realy stale minor issue with little substance and give a wide berth to realy nice jucy issues that they could easily handle.

even when you do get one to bite, you have to play them carefully as they are experts in throwing the hook particularly at the last moment.

Even when you have them along side and in the net be very carefull this is one of the sliperiest of creatures. they can rival the eel in their sliperiness and their ability to contort them selves to escape.

The special trick these fish have is the back flip, you can have them played and landed, but if you don't keep a firm lid on the esky they'll do a back flip straight over the side and they will be gone.

best of luck.
    cheers

This post should be removed.
    Some bloody tree hugging poly want a cracker will pick up on this thread and twist it around to make it sound like we want fishing banned.

That would put a new angle on Illegal Fishermen in Aussie waters you would prob
    see Mex running around in his tinny with the Japanese and Indonesians.
    Seriously though why even entertain such an idea!!!!
    Mex

i would probaly get all my money out turn it in to $2 coins and get a sleepin bag and live at intencity where there is a fishing game or just keep fishin and if i counldnt do that i would probally........... i get back to that
    not lol