Thread: new daiwa pluton

new daiwa pluton

here is something for the barra and jack anglers, got my first look at the daiwa pluton today at work,
    very sexy they feel like a very solid reel (similar to the discontinued black sheep) but does not weight as much.
    so i had to put it on laybuy awsome reel

Re: new daiwa pluton

whats the rrp on them?

i thought they might feel like abit of an overkill for jack cause of how heavy they looked..

Hi BN

Yeh there have been a couple of posts floating around about them ........ before they were released here
    I had my first look at one during the week & it is a sweet reel - A step up from the bluebacker ( very modern with more than a hint of monoblock in the design)
    I cant work out why they did not release a 100 size.
    too right about being a nice barra reel ( more for the heavy stuff) but I think it would be like cracking a nut with a sledge hammer .... when it comes to Jacks in the estuaries.

Chris

PS ...... I hope you put up a report on it once you have a play
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

yer was more thinkin of gettin it as areel for when i troll for jack there has been a spot we have been getting busted of way to much of late (the same place were i caught that 62cm fish) and the curado e5 locked up even with a $hit load of thumb pressure wont stop em.
    we are still pulling in the average jack around the 50cm mark without to much drama but i think there are still a few horses there.
    still always worth having a reel like that incase we decide to go for a barra bash again