Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which fisherman are you.

Re: Which fisherman are you.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well I like being a Sckitzophrenic ....... somedays a 4 ..... Then a 3 & always a 5

Dont agree with this comment on 4's " This group seem to revere a particular species, whether it be Barramundi, Murray Cod or other ".

Chris

Possibly should have added in trout?

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

Now that would be Elitist
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Hardb8 View Post
    Pardon me if I'm mistaken,But aren't you the guy who just put up a thread in regards to how to polish scratches out of a brand new,Unused,Seized,$1300 Van Stall?

Regards. B8
    And if you observed more you will notice the guy who started this thread 7 months ago owns the Van Stall

"Some good fishermen know which reels to buy that perform and know there limits.They don’t buy shiny reels instead buy workhorses that are reliable .The more you use a reel the more it looks worn out cosmetically even though it might be 6 months old ". Quote Spears
    Limit your Catch - Don't Catch your Limit

And if you observed more you will notice the guy who started this thread 7 months ago owns the Van Stall
    Dude.......My observation of this was the reason for my initial post.....

Cheers. B8.
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by GPB View Post

"Some good fishermen know which reels to buy that perform and know there limits.They don’t buy shiny reels instead buy workhorses that are reliable .The more you use a reel the more it looks worn out cosmetically even though it migh be 6 months old ". Quote Spears
    Too easy ...

Dude.......My observation of this was the reason for my initial post.....

Cheers. B8.
    Straight through to the keeper

I too was litterally when I first read it.I was just gonna put :- But that's not how I roll. .
    The underlying spirit of angling,Is that the skill of the angler,Is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish,And that the latter is entitled to an even chance for his life. Regards, Hardb8.Kickin tails and razin scales since 1979.

Yeah that’s right,purchased a van staal and stuffed it up.
    Just another reel to me,They look unique compared to other reels around on shop shelves.
    Hoping they can fix it.
    It’s no big deal it’s only a fishing reel and Yes they are expensive.
    Always wanted to try one out,almost got their..lol
    That’s the problem when no side plate screws are supplied to open it.

A couple things that were noticed while it was still usable which had flaws.
    Drag knob is too small when you want to get some serious drag pressure.
    Drag max is only 27LB.
    Apply to much drag pressure and the bearing in the spool can collapse.
    Yearly service to the states and back won’t be under $100.
    The only thing positive genuine life time warranty.Totally water proof.
    No side play in rotor,handle or spool.Very well engineered reel.

Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    Just another reel to me,
    Just another reel...in that case i have “just another” Penn applause at home are you interested in a swap? It’s about a 1500 size from memory well loved spooled with 6lb fireline...pm for details....

Seriously spears I hope it all works out with the repairs all the same. I bet you were kicking your self to say the least when that little accident happened..

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

Trout guys elitists? .......
    If there were a tribe of elitists on a deserted island - the leaders of those elitists would most definitely be 2 guys sitting around talking about: stone fly’s, mayflys, damsel flys, humpies, caddis, hare and coppers, single hauls, double hauls, false casts, roll casts, aerial mends, up stream mends, down stream mends, tapered leaders, 7x tippet.......

By now every other elitist on the island is bored sh1tless probably down at the beach collecting bait and making fish traps.

JIM
    What would Macgyver do . . . . . ?

I too was litterally when I first read it.I was just gonna put :- But that's not how I roll. .
    So many posts, so little time

G'day GPB,
    I just wanna offer you a public apology for a certain "smiley" in my last post...Tonight as I read it,I understand if you are offended.And I'd like to say :- I'm sorry...My apology is for the "stupid" smiley I put up.It was a poor attempt at humor on my behalf.It's not a very nice word at all.

Regards. Rick.

Not offended what so ever, I can laugh at my own f ups

Just another reel to me,They look unique compared to other reels around on shop shelves.
    Hoping they can fix it.

Drag max is only 27LB.
    Spears,

What went wrong, and are they going to fix it under the life time warranty??

Steve

Hoping they can fix it.

Drag max is only 27LB.
    Everything is repairable but unfortunately I think this is going to be expensive (just guessing,I might be way off),a special tool is needed to unscrew the sideplate,I'd say you've crushed/elongated the body of the reel onto the main gear when you put it in the vice(the reason it is siezed),if so it will be near on impossible to unscrew it (the sideplate),added to this there could be damage to the main gear,and then there is the original problem that took the reel to the vice in the first place that will now probably not be covered by warranty.I certainly take my hat off to you though,I'd be sick in the guts if it were mine.

The vice was being used as a channel for the side body to anchor itself in,as I couldn’t hold that amount of pressure in my hand.At no stage was the vice tightened up.
    Only one side can be opened using a ring spanner even though they have one that can be purchased ,made from non scratching material.
    When turning the side plate the flyer as they call it(rotor to us) needs to turn at the same time but I think it touched something and the main gear pin has jumped out of the groove and jammed.
    While applying pressure trying to open it the body in the vice kind of jumped out leaving vice grooves in 2 spots.
    None of This will not be covered by warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Everything is repairable but unfortunately I think this is going to be expensive..... .
    None of This will not be covered by warranty.
    In that case I’ll have to withdraw my offer to swap for the Penn....sorry spears - no hard feelings.

JIM
    What would Macgyver do . . . . . ?