Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 91 to 100 of 100
  1. #91

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    [quote=spears;850345] The ones that work there gear and the ones that must have there reels on shelves in the lounge room with high powered spot lights shinning on them to admire.
    No shiny spotlights, just change your avatar to show the world your new reel instead? So which type are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    I'm done..can't see any point going on about this..
    What happened to this??? And to reggy, give yourself a swift uppercut for dragging up a thread that was dead 6 mths ago, lol. I bet you ignored the 'dont feed the animals' signs at the zoo when you were a kid.

  2. #92

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    [quote=the gecko;966785]
    Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    The ones that work there gear and the ones that must have there reels on shelves in the lounge room with high powered spot lights shinning on them to admire.
    No shiny spotlights, just change your avatar to show the world your new reel instead? So which type are you?

    What happened to this??? And to reggy, give yourself a swift uppercut for dragging up a thread that was dead 6 mths ago, lol. I bet you ignored the 'dont feed the animals' signs at the zoo when you were a kid.
    Not really a bling type of reel being plain alloy silver.

  3. #93

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    Sorry Spears, I work dam hard to afford the few quality outfits I own and I need them to last many many years. I treat them respect because I can't afford to treat them like sh#t. I guess in your eyes that means you'll catch 10 to my 1.
    Let us know next time your fishing a comp, we can all come to the weigh in and pick up some pointers.

  4. #94

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    Quote Originally Posted by M62 View Post
    Sorry Spears, I work dam hard to afford the few quality outfits I own and I need them to last many many years. I treat them respect because I can't afford to treat them like sh#t. I guess in your eyes that means you'll catch 10 to my 1.
    Let us know next time your fishing a comp, we can all come to the weigh in and pick up some pointers.
    I treat them respect because I can't afford to treat them like sh#t
    Do you take them to bed with you

    we can all come to the weigh in
    quite a few here so far got hooked

    I just love the way people read things then twist it around to a new meaning

    As some one here PM me with..It's like a feeding frenzy


  5. #95

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    I treat them respect because I can't afford to treat them like sh#t
    Do you take them to bed with you
    <Left Cross>
    umm well I don't put mine in a vice! D'uh!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    we can all come to the weigh in
    quite a few here so far got hooked
    <Right Cross>

    Which shows which fisherman you are old mate - a keyboard angler

    Well you did get me to bite, although it took a few beers!

    Have you EVER posted a report of a catch? I had a looksie and here's what I found... http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sea...earchid=853074


    Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    I just love the way people read things then twist it around to a new meaning

    As some one here PM me with..It's like a feeding frenzy
    <Headbutt>

    kinda like when you throw a lot of sh*t in the water eh? See above.... And I guess when you say "then twist it around to a new meaning" you mean show what a total pr@t you're being?

  6. #96

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    sooooooooooooo, just so Ive got this right, you are saying to become a real fisherman, treat your gear with disdain, and as a consequence catch 10 times more fish??
    Quote Originally Posted by spears View Post
    I think this question is directed to me ?
    Not at all.
    Some good fishermen know which reels to buy that perform and know there limits.They donít buy shiny reels instead buy workhorses that are reliable .The more you use a reel the more it looks worn out cosmetically even though it might be 6 months old.The more outings the more fish the more wear and tear.
    BR65 by all means twist things anyway you like

    The whole twisting thing has been going on for a while now apparently!



  7. #97

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    seems to me like there is a very competetive attitude here,
    good stuff.

    Lets not run somone down for a little mistake.

    spears you had to learn the hard way..lesson learn't

    so lets not run somone down just because they are human.

    there is definitely a fishing comp here waiting to happen.




    cheers

  8. #98

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    Quote Originally Posted by struktcha_man View Post
    seems to me like there is a very competetive attitude here,
    good stuff.

    Lets not run somone down for a little mistake.

    spears you had to learn the hard way..lesson learn't

    so lets not run somone down just because they are human.


    cheers
    Agreed, end of my input to a very entertaining read



  9. #99

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    Quote Originally Posted by struktcha_man View Post
    seems to me like there is a very competetive attitude here,
    good stuff.

    Lets not run somone down for a little mistake.

    spears you had to learn the hard way..lesson learn't

    so lets not run somone down just because they are human.

    there is definitely a fishing comp here waiting to happen.

    cheers
    Hi Struktcha - little mistake, definately not - being repeatedly confrontational and stirring, absolutely!

    Comp? ooh yah bring it on, unless it's too organised and not too far away, in that regard I'm like spears - Hate too many rules (is that a co-incidence that lures is an anagram on rules)

    Cheers
    Tony

  10. #100

    Re: Which fisherman are you.

    TonyM....and not too far away....2180 kls

    Guys and girls the whole question is which fisherman are you,on how you treat your own gear and what Iíve seem over the years.
    Itís has always been just a straight forward question.

    Some people have been able to give some good sensible replies directed to the question while others have tried various ways to run me down with answers not in direct with the original question.
    You will still find fishoís out on jetty and boat using old and new reliable tackle today which arenít concerned how it looks or if it isnít a $1000 reel as they just want to relax and have knowledge to catch fish.

    For me I donít think Iíll ever find THE REEL of reels at any price even after owning a saltiga which was very disappointing re bearings. As I have search for years for a brand reel that would perform and last with everything going for it,no matter who makes it.
    So if you want to dig up more dirt from previous posts go ahead as theirs only been about 30 members replies so far and another 37,000 members to go.

    Yes I have taken some comments personally as they have been your words,but I will still say this again..iím not a materialistic person as these are only work tools for fishing as others cherish them other wise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us