Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Which fisherman are you.

Re: Which fisherman are you.

Did You forget the other two types of fishermen
    There are anglers and danglers

Oh my god! I don`t know how I am going to sleep tonight.

I have just realised that some of my reels are shiny!

Spears, are you serious?

I have a practical view on life.It doesn't matter what you do you will need the tools of that trade. Tools always work better if you look after them. Keep them cleaned and well maintained. If they break fix them.If they are worn and unreliable ,replace them. If they are not the right tool for the job, upgrade.
    I look for value for money rather than ,if it is expensive it must be better.
    Unfortunately the preceding views do not apply to the women in my life.Imfiik.

With your house [home] Spears, do you clean it or just use it for eating and sleeping [and storing rods and reels], is your car just used for driving, and do you wash your clothes or are they just for sun protection and warmth , 'GET A GRIP' .

Hey spears I can see wat ur saying but... I work dam hard for my gear and im sure most people do and spendig a bit more time (not much) on doing the little things to keep ur gear in as good as possible condition accidents happen but u try n keep them down to a minimum!!! UR DRAG AND UR LINE R THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS ON UR REEL IF THEY DONT WORK THAN UR NOT CATCHING FISH!!!!!!! Cheers Simon

i have got abu's up to 10 years old apart from the usally wear & tear a few scratches, they have had some HEAVEY FISHING everything from the creck to the reef, the 6500 has takin mack's 15-20kg. every 6 months i strip them down new drags every part is takin off the reels, cleaned re greased & oiled. they ain't shiney no more but they are still like brand new inside.

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

Quote Originally Posted by GPB View Post
    With your house [home] Spears, do you clean it or just use it for eating and sleeping [and storing rods and reels], is your car just used for driving, and do you wash your clothes or are they just for sun protection and warmth , 'GET A GRIP' .
    Very True...

Everything needs maintenance...

I fish ALOT but at the same time look after my gear and after serious use my gear is pretty much in mint condition.
    The price you pay for some of these items you are a fool not to look after them.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_P View Post
    Very True...

Everything needs maintenance...

I fish ALOT but at the same time look after my gear and after serious use my gear is pretty much in mint condition.
    The price you pay for some of these items you are a fool not to look after them.

Pete
    You need to keep in mind that some of the shiny anodising / paint is part of the anti corrosion protection!
    Then rods banging around in the back of the ute ...... is a sure fire way to introduce hair line fractures into a graphite rod .......... None of my rods will be treated that way ......... hell I have enough problem with airlines breaking them ... so I'm not going to subsidise those buggers

Nagg

Last edited by BR65; 29-06-2008 at 07:35 PM. Reason: couldnt be bothered

pritty silly topic, i bet there are a crap load of people with shinny reels who take CARE of there gear who catch alot more fish then blokes who dont take care of there reels, when you pay the money for a good reel is it such a crime to take care of it?
    Also what alot of people dont relise is the guys who spend thousands of dollers on reels for bream actually need them, i have owned sedona's and all the cheaper stuff back in the day but have upgraded to sols,certates and the like because 7hrs of cast and retreve puts alot of stress on a reel and ONLY quality reels can withstand a beating like that day after day.
    in MY eyes a angler who is serious about there fishing take care of there gear and spend time cleaning and sevicing there reels, it doesnt take much to keep a reel well maintainted, i dont keep my reels in a glass trophy cabnent with fluresent lights on it but i do have all my reel in a place were they wont get knocked around, also holding onto them while fishing and not dropping them on the concrete or putting them in sand really helps

we could almost start a poll..

who is really lazy & just chucks their gear on the floor of the boat or the ute & then doesn't clean them at the end of the day??

if god had wanted us to leave things laying all over the place, he would not have invented rodholders...

Opps I seem to be out of touch with the latest terms
    As I used the word shinny I was corrected by some one as the word should have been bling
    I was trying to say that, Have we gotten to a stage now where the reels have gotten so much bling that extra care is required compared to the old days when reels were black or silver/grey or gold.
    I don’t remember reels from the past having a problem in showing scratches so easily compared to today’s stuff.
    For me its only cosmetic look that doesn’t worry me.Its how well its built that’s my main concern..

Im a sucker for quality workmanship and design and appreciate my rods and reels accordingly.
    the craftsmanship that goes into some of the modern gear is unbelievable...some of the high end stuff - Megabass, Van Staal SAGE etc blurr the line between art and equipment

Yep i value form as much as function therefore pay for and look after my gear accordingly.

so yep im definitely guilty of playing with my tackle...

Jim

would that be the same for boats, cars ect??
    i just dont know how you can say it doesnt matter if it gets a massive scratch on it? if you bought a new reel on got a big fat scratch on it u cant say that u wouldnt even be a little bit annoyed.
    i try to take care of everything i own,i take pride in my gear even though it isnt top of the line stuff i do my best to keep it in the best condition it can possibly be in

Spears,

You've set a good spread of Troll lines there, and had many hookups....... I think this is that 10/1 rule you talked about

Ally Jack