Thread: Marks Rocks Stolen

Angry Marks Rocks Stolen

Hi just a report or thanks to whom ever stole my crab pots on the 14/6/08 100m west of Marks rocks. Thanks agian for a bad day out.

Re: Marks Rocks Stolen

Why do people steal crab pots? It's sad....

Nothing worse than having your pots flogged mate, the Logan has a reputation for a pot theft.

if ur local river has a rep for people stealing pots someone should put some out and just wait for someone to go pick them up then bash the f#^*K outa them

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    if ur local river has a rep for people stealing pots someone should put some out and just wait for someone to go pick them up then bash the f#^*K outa them
    yeh lets all do that????????????????

Its definately been done before mate, and will be done again. I saw a bloke at a ramp a few weeks ago who came in with his face smashed in, bleeding nose, 2 black eyes and a bit of a limp, he didn't seem to want any sympathy from anyone and didnt spill his story. Shortly after a tiny little bloke with a pot and a few dillys came in with a little smirk on his face. He confronted the bloke on a beach of a river island after he saw his pots being stolen and took it from there. I don't condone it but god that bloke won't be stealing pots anytime soon.

I've seen owners fish from their pots a few hundred meters away and seen their pots being taken and they actually full on rammed the other boats :/ dints and all into the offenders hull.

Had about 6 pots of mine taken once, wasn't very happy and stopped crabbing pretty much since then!

He Who Steals Crabs
    Deserves To Get Crabs

Know of a couple of guys that have had their boat get 'stuck in gear' while trying to find out why their pots were being checked.

The Logan River seems notorious for this sort of thing. Report it to Fisheries, they were very efficient and caught the guy that was stealing my pots.
    On another note, I was told that Fisheries are confiscating any that are wrongly marked or have unregulation size floats. I can't personally confirm this but I still saw heaps of crab pots over the weekend with milk bottles and old oil containers as floats. My mate was surprised when I told him he also has to have his pot marked as well.
    Crab pot thieves ... lower than a crabs belly!
    Cheers