Thread: Shimano Toads

Shimano Toads

Hello all,

After watching some recent threads, and also from personal trials, I am looking at the Horny Toads or something simliar. I have tried the Berkley frogs in the past, but find them to be quite flimsy and there is alot of movement along the hook once pinned in place. The Berkleys have caught rats, so am getting a response of sorts, but am still not quite happy with them. I have tried other plastics but am not getting the vibe I was aiming for...

Does anyone know if the Shimano version of the toad has come out, as no one up here has anything similiar or a little more robust than the Berkley and the Shimano version may be the easiest option to purchase through local tackle shops?

As always, all help appreciated.

Cheers
    Matt

Re: Shimano Toads

Matt,
    Squidgy boof frog will be AFTA trade show release (August).
    Until then, the zoom horny toad, the Stanley Ribbit www.fishstanley.com and a few other plastic frogs are on the market.
    I too found the berkley frog a little soft, but Im sure it has its place in the sun.
    Check out some of the American Bass websites, John Morris's Bass Pro shops is a place to start. Theres a big world of frogs over there!
    Cheers
    Jas

Hi Matt

PM sent

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for the info Jas.

Chris, got the PM and right back at ya buddy

Like I mentioned, all help extremely appreciated

Thanks guys

Matt

Can't wait for the smaller bass sized ones to come out....they will come in handy when the water turns still in the late afternoon and the fish start making rings on the surface.

The Yum BuzzFrog or the Kicker Fish Xplodin Toad both at 3 1/2" would be a good size for our Aussie bass although I wouldn't be surprised to see an Aussie bass take a 4" plastic from the surface either!!

here is a link to the topwater section of the BassPro site.
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._FROGSTOPWATER

Quite a few different kinds of Frogs to choose from over there

Cheers
    Brandon...

although I wouldn't be surprised to see an Aussie bass take a 4" plastic from the surface either!!
    Yeah mate, I reckon those North Pine bad boys would hammer the barra sized ones. They're greedy mongrels.