Guessing i am using fisherman loosly, as i certainly havnt used up much of my luck!

From Alice Springs, currently doing a few months in brisbane working and going back home in a few weeks. Staying with a mate in wellington point area.

spending evenings finding good land fishing spots, and fixing the boat when we can get it out.

mates got a half cabin running a chev V8 and jet unit.

1st trip, Launched boat at 9pm then spent 10 mins rowing back closer to ramp when we found that the starter motor had sh!% itself. Lesson learnt, Wait till mate starts motor before pushing of and jumping onboard.

Pulled starter motor out, striped down and found too far gone so put new one in.

2nd trip, overnight trip out around Mud and early morning at the mouth of tingalpa, caught half a dozen, squire ranging from 30 to 34.5 cm (trust me we couldnt stretch that big one any further), so there all up for catching another day. However we did discover that that the alternator has also thrown the towel, lucky for the second battery. So we have now fitted a holden hq alternator (new).

maybe will get out tomorrow
Cheers All.