Thread: lenthal dam opening hrs ?

lenthal dam opening hrs ?

Have the opening hrs changed yet, or is it still 6am to 4 pm.
    thanks . Ethan

Re: lenthal dam opening hrs ?

pretty sure its still 6 mate. only the horsepower limits have changed. go to the wide bay water website they will tell you all you need to know.

cheers doug

Hi,
    Times & boating regs are on the Lake Lenthall Info page.

Go to http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/Lenthall.htm

Cheers,

fitz..
    Last edited by Fitzy; 23-06-2008 at 09:03 PM.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

yes 6 to 4 mate aint going to change from what i can gather ruin any of our great early and evening popper sessions.it really stinks

It's disappointing to see the area still closed down overnight. They put in a large area for camping and vans then lock it off. The info sheet that was in the link gives conflicting info as well (I would have thought it would be checked before putting it on the web) the first section gives what I believe is the current regs but further down in the map area it states different speed and Hp regs than above.

And just to top it off they have a pic captioned

"Lake Lenthall fires up at night. Fish like these common"

So what are they really saying? The fishings great at night but you cant go??

This year was the first I did not allocate any SIP money (normally 50%) to Lenthals. It is a shame because I believe if managed right it could be both a good money earner for WBW and local economy and an exellent fishery.

Quote Originally Posted by whykickacatalong View Post
    It's disappointing to see the area still closed down overnight. They put in a large area for camping and vans then lock it off. The info sheet that was in the link gives conflicting info as well (I would have thought it would be checked before putting it on the web) the first section gives what I believe is the current regs but further down in the map area it states different speed and Hp regs than above.

This year was the first I did not allocate any SIP money (normally 50%) to Lenthals. It is a shame because I believe if managed right it could be both a good money earner for WBW and local economy and an exellent fishery.

I'll talk to Fitz about updating the Lenthall's page on his site. The top information is correct. We should be thankful that Wide Bay Water kept access open. From what I've heard it was touch and go for a while. The reason for the overnight closures is that there has been a lot of trouble out there in the past. Unfortunately some fishermen have proven that they cannot abide by rules and laws. Anyway, the Lenthall's debate has been going on for way too long. I'm sure most people are over it. Just follow the power and speed restrictions and you'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by whykickacatalong View Post

That page was written in 2000, at the time night time access was ok & night time fishing was good. More recently the access restriction info has been updated.

However I've edited that so it shouldn't be a problem for you any longer.

The map is also out of date with the info, again it was made in 2000. I've chopped the bottom off the map.
    I hope that is satisfactory. Do you feel up to proof reading the 300 odd other info pages we have there??

Regards,

Fitz..
    Last edited by Fitzy; 25-06-2008 at 02:20 PM.
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au