Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another 130+cm Tinaroo Barra

Re: Another 130+cm Tinaroo Barra

hey johnny your ute is still in its prime.Go the old busted a$# ute fishing crew!!!

Amazing stuff being written here!
    Long gone is the fish, probably enjoyed on a BBQ or cooked who knows how. Contrary to some opinions, you can prepare and cook these fish and they will taste fine. All this thread has descended into is the darker side with people weighing in with nose in the air bigotry, intolerance. Good to see some humour thrown in as well though...
    Not what Ausfish is all about in my opinion...come on...celebrate diversity, some people need to learn a simple truth, Different is not Wrong!
    Criticism over someones clothing is schoolyard stuff, primary school too. Flannos or Columbia ..go for it! Whatever suits you, hey we all love fishing for these great fish, we are all Aussies living in the most fantastic fishing country in the world. Why descend into this stuff? There are 2.5 million barra released at least in Awoonga alone!! be good to know how many in total in QLD dams? How many more do we need!
    Hey Johhny, keep that origin jersey on for next week!
    Barry
    Barraboy7
    " Fishing is not a hobby, a Hobby is something I do in my spare time! "

JM,

You said it mate... no fashion in fishing! It wouldn't be fishing if there was fashion. Im not going to talk too much about it, mainly because my dress sense is poor apparently (why I stick to Barra and not women), but I go out there of a daytime and dress so I don't get burnt. Light shirts with SKINS underneathe, a pair of camo pants and a Mr Yasar Arafat Hat. Im covered in sun-screen and I couldn't give a crackers what some of the good looking birds my age at the Ramp think when I hop out of my Ute. Last year during summer I did not miss one night out on Tinaroo... conditions are always sublime. I'll wear a Borat Mankini if no ones around... can't get burnt at night! BTW, don't sell your Ute, thats a crime!... put the Cage in the back, head out bush and give it the treatment a Ute deserves. You know what to do!

Don't think the fishing scene will go to buzurk with fashion. I'll bash my way through the blokes dressed in fluoro pink Coloumbia shirts If I have too! Shimano range of clothing doesn't excite me... thats about as far as my fishing fashion knowledge goes!

Good to see we got off the C&R/Cull topic. I put the thread up for us to marvel at the size of the fish... didn't want another ear bashing thread on what to do with fish. For those interested, Im more then sure I know what happened to the remains of that fish after the photo. Id rather not say what would of happened to it, but its a bloody disgrace. What a waste. Lets move on.

Cheers

Theo

P.S QUEEEEEEEEEEEEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!! Come'on Dallas Johnson and FNQ Boys... show them NSW girls how footy is played!
    Last edited by TinarooTriumph; 21-06-2008 at 10:38 PM. Reason: To let NSWelshmen know that they basically suck! HA!
    TT

I think Harro said it a month or two ago: "They are breeding in them thar hills"

Theo, thanks for sharing the pic. It's a beautiful fish, though the editor of the newspaper must still be wet behind the ears if he/she thinks that's a good pic to splash over the front page or as a page lead.

C&R/Catch and Keep...each to their own I guess. My thoughts on this have been previously documented, as have those of many others here. I hope it tasted good

Brad...most of us are not C&R Nazis, just passionate about an iconic fish mate....no one begrudges people taking home a feed if they want to....it's the "Kill it 'cause we can", or the awful practice of dumping whole fish in a Sulo bin that gives me the shits. If that's what you mean by C&R Nazi, then I plead guilty with both hands in the air.

Johnny...I can't believe you don't wear shoes. You have a good workplace you lucky bugger

Theo...I do not want to see you in a mankini. Please don't give Navi and Vinny ideas in October mate.

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    JM,

You said it mate... no fashion in fishing! It wouldn't be fishing if there was fashion. Im not going to talk too much about it, mainly because my dress sense is poor apparently (why I stick to Barra and not women), but I go out there of a daytime and dress so I don't get burnt. Light shirts with SKINS underneathe, a pair of camo pants and a Mr Yasar Arafat Hat. Im covered in sun-screen and I couldn't give a crackers what some of the good looking birds my age at the Ramp think when I hop out of my Ute. Last year during summer I did not miss one night out on Tinaroo... conditions are always sublime. I'll wear a Borat Mankini if no ones around... can't get burnt at night! BTW, don't sell your Ute, thats a crime!... put the Cage in the back, head out bush and give it the treatment a Ute deserves. You know what to do!

Don't think the fishing scene will go to buzurk with fashion. I'll bash my way through the blokes dressed in fluoro pink Coloumbia shirts If I have too! Shimano range of clothing doesn't excite me... thats about as far as my fishing fashion knowledge goes!

Good to see we got off the C&R/Cull topic. I put the thread up for us to marvel at the size of the fish... didn't want another ear bashing thread on what to do with fish. For those interested, Im more then sure I know what happened to the remains of that fish after the photo. Id rather not say what would of happened to it, but its a bloody disgrace. What a waste. Lets move on.

Cheers

Theo

P.S QUEEEEEEEEEEEEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!! Come'on Dallas Johnson and FNQ Boys... show them NSW girls how footy is played!
    Theo ..... I'll vouch for your dress sense or lack there of but please please please dont go the Mankini .......... Just stick to your skins & if you like wear your undies on the outside & you could be the latest super hero ........ "THE TINAROOOO TRIUMPH"!!!! or barraboy I can see it now Faster than a speeding Skeeter - More powerful than ETEC - Able to drink a case of XXXX without throwing up ..... Look on the Lake ... Its a pelican , its a wake boarder ...... No its Tinaroo Triumph! sorry Theo!

Now lay off us NSW people or we'll make you drink that Tinaroo water or worst still xxxx

Cheers

Chris

PS ..... Now what was this thread about

PPS ..... Well , maybe not more powerful than an ETEC!
    Last edited by NAGG; 22-06-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Exaggeration .... Is anything more powerful than an ETEC ??

Quote Originally Posted by fghjkl View Post
    You guys that agree to the killing of this huge barra are idiots, they taste like crap and geez who really kills such a beautiful animal. how bout i go round ur place and drive a 8/0 through ur mouth and slap u on the bbq, don't think u'd like it, thats how i see it anyway. I am really discusted to see that.
    ... in your humble opinion, I'm sure. Anything else you going to tell us what we should/should not like, what is/is not beautiful?

Eaten a steak lately? Cows are beautiful, but I'm happy to eat 'em. Rare, too, and the fresher the better. Gotta moo when I stab it with my fork. It's an impoundment Barra, grown to be caught, and eaten if that's the angler's desire.

Get over it, Son.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by fghjkl View Post
    You guys that agree to the killing of this huge barra are idiots, they taste like crap and geez who really kills such a beautiful animal. how bout i go round ur place and drive a 8/0 through ur mouth and slap u on the bbq, don't think u'd like it, thats how i see it anyway. I am really discusted to see that.
    Now , Tell us what you really think

Nagg

tell ya what, wish the barra bit as well as we all did every time theres a picture of a large dead fish posted, certainly the opinions range from one end of the spectrum to the other, nothing wrong with that as long as we all keep it on the paddock, so to speak, what happens on the field stays on the field, everyones entitled to an opinion, its just when one opinion is force fed that the angst starts up
    cheers
    brian

ps pic is of latest Monduran fishing fashion attire

Right thats it, Im going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, during the warmer months Im going to wear my Flano in various colours and disrepair......Now that will start an argument or two......won't it.......Whitto Ps any of you who know me will know it's not a good look
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

like I said whitto, the old flano is a very versatile shirt, sleeves up in summer, sleeves down in winter, has a collar so will get you into some of the more high end nite spots, comes in a range of colours, particularly if you like check, what more does a bloke need, cept his good going out double plugers

Maybe we should start a thread...."Show us your best Flano, worn as a badge of Honour and Pride and the Australian way"......could be good for a laugh...what do u think......Whitto

Whats this talk of fishing for with the good gear on yep a shirt like a flanno is the utimate fishing atire this time of year. I like them for there warmth comfort and who ever dresses to impress on a dam anyway apart from the odd sponcered pro who have to ware what they have too. The flanno must be surpported by the bluey under garment and the early morn uggies, and topped off with a pair of your fav trackies

The fish what a shame to see it wind up in a poor piccy for bragging rights a better one would have been two smaller pics of a hold and a release, but if they enjoy a feed I hope it was a good chew.

Heres my flanno pic of a trip to tassie a few year ago the flannos cool compared to the waders.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Whats this talk of fishing for with the good gear on yep a shirt like a flanno is the utimate fishing atire this time of year. I like them for there warmth comfort and who ever dresses to impress on a dam anyway apart from the odd sponcered pro who have to ware what they have too. The flanno must be surpported by the bluey under garment and the early morn uggies, and topped off with a pair of your fav trackies

The fish what a shame to see it wind up in a poor piccy for bragging rights a better one would have been two smaller pics of a hold and a release, but if they enjoy a feed I hope it was a good chew.

Heres my flanno pic of a trip to tassie a few year ago the flannos cool compared to the waders.......
    Yeah, see him shake his little tush on the catwalk, yeah the catwalk...
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Just thought I would join in with my favourite Flano....one I prepared earlier.....I wanted to cut the fish out cause some people would be green with envy......Folks are Du.... where I come from......Whitto

whitto, is that one of them singin fishys, classic