Thread: half a world away

half a world away

g'day!
    i'm from a little place in upstate N.Y., USA.
    been fishing since i was in diapers, back in the 60's.
    i work as an electronics controls tech in a factory.
    one of my favorite things is ice fishing, but of course it is summer here, and the only ice around is in my beer cooler.
    every thing i know about Australia comes in a big blue can that "pops" when you open it. do you folks have any lakes that freeze in the winter? maybe New Zealand? i'm also interested in what species of fish you have around, i'm sure they're different from what i'm used to seeing.
    here is a link to my local tackle shop, check out the "honor roll" pics.
    that'll give you an idea of what it's like around here, alot of the people pictured are my freinds and neighbors, i used to have a few on there but time went by and they got moved back.

http://www.senecamarine.com/

nice to meet you all, i look forward to visiting your site as often as i can

Re: half a world away

Hi Sparkyice,you have a very interesting & different style of fishing to us. Most of our mountain areas are stocked with Rainbows & Browns.But there is no ice fishing in Oz or NZ.
    Not sure I could handle those tiny rods you use for ice fishing,but I have fished for Cut-throat Trout in the Rockies.

Re: half a world away

kingy,
    check my post in the fly forum.
    if you want to check out more on ice fishing, try iceshanty.com.
    the site is set up much like this one, and they have tons of really nice pics in their gallery.
    tight lines,
    joe