Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who has aniseed marinated bait recipes

who has aniseed marinated bait recipes

Ok
    My lovely wife seen me interested in a packet of aniseed based chicken at the tackle shop.

So whilst shopping today she brought me some aniseed assents.

As the title says who can shed some light on a couple of recipe's for bream.

thanks

neil

Re: who has aniseed marinated bait recipes

I thought a long time ago was it banned in some states the use of aniseed??????
    I know that alot of soft plastics smell of it
    And i know that once you dip ya fingers into a packet of Nuke Chooks it smells like something fimiliar ???????? Just can't quite put my finger on it

JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

my local tackle store sells chicken breast with it as a marniade so i wouldnt think its was banned in QLD. i am aslo certain that some of the cured worms have used are aniseed based.

why would they ban it anyway.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by HONKY DORY View Post
    my local tackle store sells chicken breast with it as a marniade so i wouldnt think its was banned in QLD. i am aslo certain that some of the cured worms have used are aniseed based.

why would they ban it anyway.

neil
    Might have been america Neil i'm not certain i may be speaking thru my hat to i think they classified it as a unfair advantage
    I'm talking a lot of years ago to
    But will stand corrected if anyone knows

JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

You are right JT it was banned here in Queensland.The only place you used to be able to get it was if you knew a chemist.

The law must have changed.

I have tried marinated squid in tuna oil - that had aniseed in it....was messy but I did seem to get more interest than usual from the fish......just something I tried once...

I do recall someone once telling me aniseed is banned in comps....but you can by quite a few aniseed products at BCF I have noticed....

yeh the wilson tuna oil has aniseed in it, and you can soak any bait in it when you go fishing, it improves the smell a lot, but atracts the shit peckers.

Ryan

A guy i work with fishes solely mainly for bream. He only uses chicken gut which has the aniseed in it. Its either tweed bait or bremer. I know it is red when you look at it.
    Mark..
    Never enough time or days in the week to go fishing.

Thanks guys,

I know you can get it in some brought baits but i'm looking at making my own.
    Hopefully someone here makes there own aniseed based bait.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by jtpython View Post
    I thought a long time ago was it banned in some states the use of aniseed??????
    I know that alot of soft plastics smell of it
    And i know that once you dip ya fingers into a packet of Nuke Chooks it smells like something fimiliar ???????? Just can't quite put my finger on it

JT
    A syringe was filled with anaseed then injected into the pilli. It worked so well that people banded it. Or was it the anaseed poisened the fish. Can't quite rember.

G'day!

About 18 months to 2 years ago Bush 'n Beach carried a full page advert from Queens Aniseed Essence. Its about a dollar a small bottle in your supermarket near the vanilla and food colourings, etc.

Wedid not catch any extra fish when dipping our bait in it. But my son said it smelt like we had been on the Ouzo.

Ray De R

Quote Originally Posted by bbayjohn View Post
    A syringe was filled with anaseed then injected into the pilli. It worked so well that people banded it. Or was it the anaseed poisened the fish. Can't quite rember.
    hmmm,

not sure what your wacky backa is bbayjohn but it must be a good one!

Here is a bit of info on Anisa or Aniseed!, cures just about everything know to man plus they can even make psychedelic drugs out of the oil!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anise

Did you know that Aniseed is the basis for Tamiflu, the bird flu drug! Now here is some material for a few conspiracy theories!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/tamiflu.asp

Cheers

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Outsider1 View Post
    hmmm,

not sure what your wacky backa is bbayjohn but it must be a good one!
    lol. No. I was told by a trusted source about the injection of bait as it was before my time.

But hey maybe if you smoke it outsider you could be free from bird flu
    Catch ya L8ter
    BBJ

Quote Originally Posted by RayDeR View Post
    G'day!

About 18 months to 2 years ago Bush 'n Beach carried a full page advert from Queens Aniseed Essence. Its about a dollar a small bottle in your supermarket near the vanilla and food colourings, etc.

Wedid not catch any extra fish when dipping our bait in it. But my son said it smelt like we had been on the Ouzo.

Ray De R
    You don't happen to have that page do ya?

I CANT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS A MARINATE RECIPE FOR ANISEED

neil

Hi
    I use strips of chicken fillet or squid marinated in tuna or pilchard oil with a couple of cap fulls of aniseed and let it marinate in a sealed glass bottle for a couple of days. Bream/whiting/flathead love it but if it spills on the carpet in your boat the smell will tempt you to burn the boat.

Regards
    Muddy