Thread: Darwin trip

Darwin trip

Heres a couple of photos of some barra from the Daly River last week, also a couple photos from Corroboree Bilabong we got alot of udersize fish and three keepers but the weather and scenery was great regardless.
    Beefa

Re: Darwin trip

nice fish beefa. were you useing unweighted plastics on them lillies to snag ya barra
    figjam :wink:

no mate we tended to just troll the edge
    regards Beefa

U gotta lov NT its abundaNT of big crocs, big barra and big mosquitoes. Thnks for the report mate

gday beefa sounds like a trip of a lifetime

beefa,
    we went to the daly on a guided 5 day trip in april two years ago...best thing i have every done...place was in full flood but added to the adventure. strange to to seee the river above the water line so much...remeber it being so much different....place for everyone to visit once. we got a fair few more barra and i got 3 at 92cm...was stoked....that is my happy place...

poppers

Hey beefa good story & well done, Peter.
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

Hi beefa

mate looks like you know whats happening.

I was up last week, and booked a charter at Corroboree, wasn't fussed on the fishing style, but all of the other charters were doing the same thing and after looking at your last pic, it seems that trolling and jigging is the go for this time of the year?

We only used two types of lure, I thought that we should have changed more often as we weren't getting anything on the lures we used.

But I still had a good day

It's a great part of the country

Rob T