Thread: Darwin Harbour

Darwin Harbour

The wife had been annoying me to go on a trip to Darwin in the cooler months this year to do the family thing visiting croc farms etc. I managed to persuade her we should go out with her cousins for a day in the harbour and see if we could get a crab or 2. after several hrs checking pots for a total of 1 good buck we decided to have a quick fish at one of the boys close by spots for a jewy.
    we were only in shallow water and things were quiet except for a small fingermark and one nice sized fingermark then at 2pm the water started to move and we hooked up to a couple of big fish only to have one bust off and the other drop the bait this got the blood running and shortly after whilst cracking a cool liquid refreshment one of the rods took off like a frieght train. by the time I had grabbed it I felt there was going to be no stopping the monster on the end as it started to circle the boat, then finally I started to gain some line and after a tough battle My PB black jew popped its head up and I was more than happy with with the days outcome. we decided to call it a day and headed home for a fresh feed of fish washed down with a cool ale.
    regards Beefa

Re: Darwin Harbour

Nice jewie mate and goldie acctually that's a decent goldie for the harbour,i'll be back up there next week can't wait,

Dan

hey mate thinking of taking a job up there what is the fishing like up there and how is the game fishing up there. is the reef fishing as good as i have heard thankls kel.

Quote Originally Posted by supa29 View Post
    hey mate thinking of taking a job up there what is the fishing like up there and how is the game fishing up there. is the reef fishing as good as i have heard thankls kel.
    kel you wont have time to go fishing up there youll be too busy at work Will miss ya mate if ya head off that way, im heading to the banks tommorow, aaahhhh the life of a contractor

Kel,
    we go up for a few weeks every year, the wife hates it for a month when we get back because of my complaining about moving up there, theres a plenty of everything you want in fishing, but I don't find alot of people game fishing up there, in saying that I havn't gone there to chase the game scene yet, the photo I have attached now says it all

Quote Originally Posted by -Beefa- View Post
    Kel,
    we go up for a few weeks every year, the wife hates it for a month when we get back because of my complaining about moving up there, theres a plenty of everything you want in fishing, but I don't find alot of people game fishing up there, in saying that I havn't gone there to chase the game scene yet, the photo I have attached now says it all
    Beefa,

I hope thats not the rod you used hanging out of your belt

As I said in another area, I was there last week, the wife wants to make it an Annual thing, and it just so happens that I am in agreeance with her.
    So
    At the risk of having some fun and meeting new people, how about we try to organise an M&G up there for June/July next year.
    I'll put a post up in the M&G section and see what happens.

Rob T

Heading up in September for a week...cant wait..Rob did you end up going on a charter?

Rgds Mark

Rob,thats not me, it's a mate that lives the good life up there.

Quote Originally Posted by -Beefa- View Post
    Kel,
    Mate i like the way your mates fishes with the new 44 mag pistol grip bait castor and you dont need bait or hooks.i would love to get up there and do some serious fishing, i am waiting to hear about a job up there so thanks mate for info. kel.