Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can't post but can login

Re: Can't post but can login

What are you using to log in with, I Pad, Phone, PC, what browser?

Quote Originally Posted by smidsy View Post
    Whether I an post or cant post seems to be decided by the weather, moon phase, the gods, Justin Beever's armpit, cloud formations, magnetic fields, Elon Musk's eyebrows, I dont have a clue.

But please fix it, I have sent 2 FAQ requests. Earlier I couldnt post or replay, 2 minutes later i can !

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    What are you using to log in with, I Pad, Phone, PC, what browser?
    Nah, same Dell laptop, running Windows 10, using chrome.

Try this
    log out manually, delete all cookies in Chrome, and then log back in

Quote Originally Posted by smidsy View Post
    Nah, same Dell laptop, running Windows 10, using chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post
    Try this
    log out manually, delete all cookies in Chrome, and then log back in
    Thanks, I did try that last week, and it made no difference. I also cleared the cache.

However I have been able to post the last 2 days with no issues, not sure whats changed.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Posting this from my phone, as I have been unable to post for a couple of weeks now on desktop. All posting permissions are OK, I can put in the subject of a new post, just nothing in the message. Same with replying to an existing thread.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Never-ending, fixed it. I'd tried logging out and in, then tried again deleting all cookies did the trick.

I changed to Edge and have no problems now.
    I cleared my Chrome several times and no success.
    Jack.

Once again if I try and reply to a thread the ad covers the whole reply section .

Ads cover my reply section and I need to hit the Reply button first then they disappear.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

The only way oi can reply is to go advanced, the ad does not go if i click reply several times..

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    The only way oi can reply is to go advanced, the ad does not go if i click reply several times..
    Technology, where would we be without it.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Edge doesn't have a problem with this site....I dumped chrome for edge....nearly identical browsers.
    Jack.

I've been having issues for several weeks on my main workstation - Chrome allows me to browse but not post, including after clearing cookies; Edge worked for a few days and died a similar death.

RDC'd into my server to be able to post tonight. Working on that machine using Chrome... for now >.<

Also www.ausfish.com.au isn't loading html styles or whatever they're called most of the time on first load, including on this fresh Chrome window on my server (never used for general browsing). Generally loads incorrectly when first navigating to the site but loads correctly if I then hyperlink back to 'Forum' from any of the subforums.

8750lDy.jpg

Have you tried changing from desk top version to mobile version or vice versa.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Have you tried changing from desk top version to mobile version or vice versa.
    Just using desktop version. Also noticed that the forum is not secure, which is unusual.

ftBxkPy.png

I can post from my workstation using Chrome today, which wasn't working yesterday. Haven't restarted Chrome or Windows in the meantime so nothing much has changed this end.

---

EDIT: Came back to Ausfish later and the site is now secure, and I can no longer post - not on my workstation or server; not Edge or Chrome. Clearing cookies has no effect. My Samsung phone with the standard Internet app is working though.

Seems to indicate that the issue relates to desktop browsers and the https certificate somehow. Posting works when the site is not secure (who knows why it loaded as not secure?) but doesn't when it's secure.

---

EDIT: 30 minutes later and the site is back to loading as 'Not secure'; can now edit this post on workstation + server in both Chrome + Edge. Something funky is happening on the back end.

---

EDIT: Confirmed the behaviour - Ausfish keeps flipping from 'secure' to 'not secure' today. Can't post when the site is secure (ie the 'reply' box doesn't show a cursor) but can when it's not secure.