Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: very very cheap gulp!

Re: very very cheap gulp!

Quote Originally Posted by breamnut View Post
    hahahahaah mate i dont care aye, im sure alot of people were thankful for the update but thats fine if you dont want to get something for a bargin.
    you just keep paying the $30 a tub mate while i get almost 4 tubs for that price
    oh its not like its a local company anyway and if they made the mistake thats bad luck for them but it looked good for me selling a few hunded dollers of gulp each day
    Definitely a Peanut.
    They are a Local Queensland based company that has successfully expanded nationally.....and I don't even work for them, yet I can find that out.
    My point young Peanut, is if you had an employee of 'Your own' Business doing this to you....how would you like it. I believe you've have shown the true depth of your character and your lack of integrity is plainly obvious. You're kidding yourself if you think it is a victimless crime. Ultimately everybody pays for it. If it was their mistake, isn't it your job to alert them of it?. Dereliction of duty is an offence worthy of a caution.....but what you've done would be instant dismissal and possibly criminal in my workplace.
    Your not at school anymore.

Just so i'm clear....
    -You work for a company and give them your custom.
    -You are obviously into your fishing and have some idea of not only what you're buying but how much it is reasonable to expect it to cost not only for you to buy but the store (who pay you to pay for their stock)
    -You scan something up which you know costs normally 4 times as much as it scanned for.
    -Realise your getting a pretty good deal not only do you not bother to ask anyone if they have made a mistake but you go back and get extra product as well.

-Then you publicly brag about how effectively ripped off your employer and suggest others take advantage of them as well.

Honestly ROO summed it up perfectly. . . .

Out of curiosity who is the person in your avitar holding up the bream?

My work contract has a clause that may makes me liable for any losses i cause to the group.....i hope for your sake you'r doesn't have the same

JIM

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Definitely a Peanut.
    They are a Local Queensland based company that has successfully expanded nationally.....and I don't even work for them, yet I can find that out.
    My point young Peanut, is if you had an employee of 'Your own' Business doing this to you....how would you like it. I believe you've have shown the true depth of your character and your lack of integrity is plainly obvious. You're kidding yourself if you think it is a victimless crime. Ultimately everybody pays for it. If it was their mistake, isn't it your job to alert them of it?. Dereliction of duty is an offence worthy of a caution.....but what you've done would be instant dismissal and possibly criminal in my workplace.
    Your not at school anymore.
    roo the manager has to be there for staff purchases to be made so the manager DID know and alerted head office but nothing was done, infact it was still marking as that price at the tweed not long ago.
    they may have been trying to get rid of it as the packs were much more popular then the tubs but it wasnt advertised.
    i just dont see how you would complain about getting a product for a bargin?

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
    Just so i'm clear....
    -You work for a company and give them your custom.
    -You are obviously into your fishing and have some idea of not only what you're buying but how much it is reasonable to expect it to cost not only for you to buy but the store (who pay you to pay for their stock)
    -You scan something up which you know costs normally 4 times as much as it scanned for.
    -Realise your getting a pretty good deal not only do you not bother to ask anyone if they have made a mistake but you go back and get extra product as well.

-Then you publicly brag about how effectively ripped off your employer and suggest others take advantage of them as well.

Honestly ROO summed it up perfectly. . . .

Out of curiosity who is the person in your avitar holding up the bream?

My work contract has a clause that may makes me liable for any losses i cause to the group.....i hope for your sake you'r doesn't have the same

JIM
    lol as i said the manager was there when i scaned the product and HE also ask me to put a sigh on it to advertise it in the store!
    and i didnt brag about it all i did was let people know were to get something cheap. not if you dont like me shareing infomation about were to get some cheap tackle dont buy it from there and go pay the original $25 for it somewere else

hey guys i went into ##### all sports today to get some gulp alive and they scanned up for $7.50!!
    so i bought 6 tubs of it but i got it from burligh #####.
    just though u guys would want some, though you probebly wont leave me any for when i go in there for work on friday
    keech they are prob like that at every ##### it happens sometimes
    a while ago i was getting tn,60's for $12 for like a fe days untill the figured out why they were loosing money haha
    the usually cost $29 but hey, what they dont know wont hurt them
    hahahahaah mate i dont care aye, im sure alot of people were thankful for the update but thats fine if you dont want to get something for a bargin.
    you just keep paying the $30 a tub mate while i get almost 4 tubs for that price
    oh its not like its a local company anyway and if they made the mistake thats bad luck for them but it looked good for me selling a few hunded dollers of gulp each day
    It is these posts that would lead me to believe it was a mistake and that you are taking advantage of your employers mistake. Just because they are a big company doesn't make it right.

my mistake i thought when you made the above comments you were effectively justfying your actions...
    for some reason i thought that you knew it wasn't an honest mistake and were taking advantage of them by saying it's not like they're local and how good it made you look selling all that stock (to yourself)...

i must have misunderstood.... what i do know though is that if I misunderstood your comments perhaps your boss or someone else at that compnay might misunderstand if they stumble across this thread..likewise if you apply for another job in the industry.

but like i said i must have misunderstood...i might pop down and have alook for myself, thanks for the tip

Jim

Hope you enjoy working at Maccas the rest of your life... I chase down the bargains as much as anyone but, well the other boys have summed it up well enough I think.

roo the manager has to be there for staff purchases to be made so the manager DID know and alerted head office but nothing was done, infact it was still marking as that price at the tweed not long ago.
    they may have been trying to get rid of it as the packs were much more popular then the tubs but it wasnt advertised.
    i just dont see how you would complain about getting a product for a bargin?
    mabey you guys better read this again, isaid the manager has to be there for staff purchases and new it was that price, he asked me to advertise it in the store.
    seriously though im not trying to blame the manager though but if someone higher up then me pritty much says its ok to do so why not?

Team - I checked the Nth Rocky store yesterday - regular price around $28.

Ed.

mabey you guys better read this again, isaid the manager has to be there for staff purchases and new it was that price, he asked me to advertise it in the store.
    seriously though im not trying to blame the manager though but if someone higher up then me pritty much says its ok to do so why not?
    And as i pointed out in my last post, you didn't exactly make this clear initially. 2 full pages of you "sticking it to the the man" until after a bit of a clip you finally clarify your position. Don't blame me for not understanding the situation, it was plainly clear in what you had written up until challenged about it, that you were happily rorting a pricing error and letting anyone who'll listen, in on the action.

In this case, you have now made it clear that your cheap gulp tub price was not only allowed by your manager, but encouraged. Had you made this clear from the start you wouldn't have copped any flack at all.

For christ sake - this post is about some kid trying to do a favour. He publically quoted how / where and why they are so cheap.

Its not up to anyone to slander him from their moral high ground.

If you dont agree with it - fine - dont buy them. Ignore the post. Why do people have to pick other people's posts to bits, be morally critical, argue with what the poster says and change the whole notion of their initial post.

Grow up and leave the kid alone! His intention was to do the ausfish community a favour, not rip someone off.

There are lessons in this for you Breamnut, as a person looking to start his own business.

Cheers

Dave

I have a freind that works at one of the @marts ( no names no pack drill).

I know now that quite often individual stores have over their stock alocation of a particular product and the managers are instructed to quit surplus stock to either make space for new stock or to bring levels down to the alocated level.

So you will often see
    items heavily reduced in the bargin bin and full price stock in the hook.

Reasonably new items say soft plastics in one colour very heavily reduced and full price stock of the same style but a different colour at full price on the shelf.

I cant say that, their stock and disposal practices make sence to me, but I do understand that sometimes shelf space has a higher value that the stock in that space.

I also have been told that they are certainly removing fishing gear from stores that don't shift it in quantity other stores are being stocked up.

It is interesting to watch this company and their stocking methods.
    They ( I think) aim to be a high volume seller and it seems they view all stock as "perisable".
    If the stock doesn't move within a certain amount of time they want to get rid of it.
    I have also notices at my local the size of the fishing department seems to vary with the season.
    Fishing for the first half of this year has been a bit slow so the size of the department has shrunk.......if footwear performs better than fishing, they get more space........therfore stock has to be disposed of.. .

I would be very interested to see how this all works out in the profit figures.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    I have a freind that works at one of the @marts ( no names no pack drill).

I know now that quite often individual stores have over their stock alocation of a particular product and the managers are instructed to quit surplus stock to either make space for new stock or to bring levels down to the alocated level.

So you will often see
    items heavily reduced in the bargin bin and full price stock in the hook.

Reasonably new items say soft plastics in one colour very heavily reduced and full price stock of the same style but a different colour at full price on the shelf.

I cant say that, their stock and disposal practices make sence to me, but I do understand that sometimes shelf space has a higher value that the stock in that space.

I also have been told that they are certainly removing fishing gear from stores that don't shift it in quantity other stores are being stocked up.

It is interesting to watch this company and their stocking methods.
    They ( I think) aim to be a high volume seller and it seems they view all stock as "perisable".
    If the stock doesn't move within a certain amount of time they want to get rid of it.
    I have also notices at my local the size of the fishing department seems to vary with the season.
    Fishing for the first half of this year has been a bit slow so the size of the department has shrunk.......if footwear performs better than fishing, they get more space........therfore stock has to be disposed of.. .

I would be very interested to see how this all works out in the profit figures.

cheers
    Too bloody right, My old man bought a Felty 911 for $75 from them a while ago. Also a Tamer for $90 (go figure). A check with the sales guy was replied with "where getting out of fly fishing".
    I think Felty 911 fly reels are around the 5 hundred mark?

I'm with Roo on this one