Thread: Monster Yella Weight and Place of capture.... Drumroll please....

Monster Yella Weight and Place of capture.... Drumroll please....

Stuie, Gordon Bryon, Nagg, loophole, wldfisher and bdowdy will have to split the honours three ways, as he was 17. 5 pounds and caught on a Yabbie fished off a weed bed at Windamere Dam near Mudgee NSW.
    Nagg managed to correctly guess the location too! Well done mate!

Why you would keep it has got me buggered???? I reckon it would have fat pockets as thick as your fist in it.

I work in the Outdoor Industry, and a bloke walked in today and said "come out to the carpark, I've got a fish for you to photograph!" He was very excited with his catch.

Turned out to be a 30lb Murray that was caught the day before. It still had its guts in.

When will people learn that #1- BIG ONES ARE OUR BREED STOCK
    #2- BIG ONES TASTE LIKE EATING AN OLD BOOT
    #3- IF WE DON'T CHANGE OUR WAYS WE ARE
    GOING TO STUFF THE FISHING COMPLETELY

FRUSTRATES THE HELL OUTA ME!

CHEERS,
    POD.

Re: Monster Yella Weight and Place of capture.... Drumroll please....

Thanks Pod, your right mate..... a photo of some dried up wrinkly looking fish with no life left in it what so ever being held up by some bloke, just doesn't push my buttons.
    Some people just don't get it.
    A picture of a 30lb cod just before release, still in the water with all of the beautiful markings and it's little eye's sparkling, it's caverous mouth wide open and the angler grinning like a cheshire cat...now that's a photo.

I agree, i love eating fish but only salt water and only a few. Fresh water is catch and release for me. Especially anything big as mentioned they don't taste that good.

Quote Originally Posted by sctj88 View Post
    I agree, i love eating fish but only salt water and only a few. Fresh water is catch and release for me. Especially anything big as mentioned they don't taste that good.
    here here

Too right, makes you feel a bit sad when someone does something so pointless! OK, you may want a feed for your family, but just how hungry can they be?!

Normally I'd agree, but I suspect the twit didn't have a camera when he caught it, and it's probably BY FAR the biggest fish he's ever caught.

Lots of opinions tend to divide the community on this one - was it against the Law for him to take that fish? If not, then it's only opinion that's shooting him down, and his opinion is as good as yours.

I'd suggest if it's wrong to take a fish like this, the Fisheries Department should be lobbied. Are the nay sayers doing that? I sure hope so!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Just loking at the other posts on this thread I think you would have to agree that the majority of us sports fisho's would have loved to have heard that the cod lived!

Fisheries in VIC have made it mandatory to release all Cod over a certain lenghth. I would love to see that rule come into NSW at a legth of 80cm to protect breed stock completely.

For the sake of not having the intelligence to pack a camera do you therefore forfeit your integrity? I spose though if you don't care you just don't care... Or perhaps ignorance really is bliss!?!

Cheers,
    Pod.
    P.S The nay sayers in my neck of the woods ceratinly are having a go with catch and release media releases with a readership of over a quarter of a million per month, and a fishing for the future initiaitve also running in conjunction with a communtiy stocking program.