Thread: Where and How to Kayak Offshore

Question Where and How to Kayak Offshore

Hey everyone,

I've had a kayak for about a year and have just been fishing the bay. Just wondering where would be best to launch to go for some offshore fishing (I live in the redlands).

Thanks

Robbo

Re: Where and How to Kayak Offshore

G'day mate

i bit of help with the geography...is that the redlands shire...what suburb..i could give you some areas if i could pick the area

yeah redland shire - victoria point. Don't mind driving a though if the easiest or best place is a pretty far off.

A lot of people are fishing out from Noosa in Laguna bay. They catch tuna, wahoo, mackerel, all the pelagics really. I know of someone who caught the barge over to moreton with just his kayak and fished over there for a day. And if none of these are anygood come over here at Scarby reef and catch some nice sized snapper.

Robbo,

A few of the AKFF guys regularly hit the outside off Coochimudlo Island. Keep an eye on the Fishing Trips section (towards the bottom of the page) on www.akff.net for any trips around your part of the world.

Another spot that guys regularly hit is Scarborough. Quite a few shallow reefs only 200 meters off-shore from Queens Park at Scarby. Tend to do this area early in the morning before the winds get up. I remember seeing a report from someone that went out in the past few days here and got squire and bonito tuna.

Cheers,

Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================