Thread: Central West Photos- Chapter Two.

Central West Photos- Chapter Two.

Got a few more to share of fish we have caught in The Central West region of NSW for ya' all. Cheer, Pod.

Re: Central West Photos- Chapter Two.

Quote Originally Posted by poddy mullet View Post
    Got a few more to share of fish we have caught in The Central West region of NSW for ya' all. Cheer, Pod.
    Poddy , where were these taken? ....... Nice YBs

Nagg

Nagg,
    The Yella on the left was at Windamere Dam near mudgee on a Gold Jackall TN60. The Next along is my mate Nath with one he got at Copeton on a Number One stumpy, and the others is Tina with two big Yellas she trolled up on Boomerang Predatek 65's in the Mulga Frog Pattern also at Copeton.
    I'll post a few more in a bit.
    Cheers,
    Pod.

Nagg,
    The Yella on the left was at Windamere Dam near mudgee on a Gold Jackall TN60. The Next along is my mate Nath with one he got at Copeton on a Number One stumpy, and the others is Tina with two big Yellas she trolled up on Boomerang Predatek 65's in the Mulga Frog Pattern also at Copeton.
    I'll post a few more in a bit.
    Cheers,
    Pod.
    Great stuff Poddy ...... I've never fished any of the inland dams in NSW ( bar the trout ones ..... Eucumbene , Jindabyne , Oberon , Wallace, Lyle & TCD) .... but I certainly would love to give the natives a go ........ probably Windamere & Wyangla would be first up
    Keep it coming!

Cheers

Nagg

Nagg,
    You have fished Oberon have ya mate?? I am Oberon Bred and cut my teeth on Oberon dam chasing trout. How did you get on at Ol' Oberon??

Windamere is a great Dam when its firing! The fish are huge and they sure can be a challenge extracting them from structure that goes all the way to the bottom!
    Let me know if you are ever going to give it a go and I will let you know where we usually find fish.

Nagg,
    You have fished Oberon have ya mate?? I am Oberon Bred and cut my teeth on Oberon dam chasing trout. How did you get on at Ol' Oberon??

Windamere is a great Dam when its firing! The fish are huge and they sure can be a challenge extracting them from structure that goes all the way to the bottom!
    Let me know if you are ever going to give it a go and I will let you know where we usually find fish.
    Yeh Poddy ... Fished Oberon a couple of times during the late 80s ..... With access so limited ..... my results were so so ... but managed a few rainbows on Baltic minnows.
    Its funny ..... I was only thinking about Windamere the other day but I'm guessing its probably a tough fish till things warm up !
    i'll most certainly get in touch when I do decide to head west

Cheers
    Chris

Chris,
    Yeah mate, the first of the thicker frosts have just arived in the last few nights, so the water temps will be geting closer and closer to the 13 degree shut down zone onfortunatly! October November will see them just about jumpin in the boat though!
    Cheers,
    Pod.

A very nice selection of yellowbelly there. Beautiful coloured fish.

some great yellas .copeton produces some great fish,,,cheers bdowdy..brett

Thanks for the tips on loading fish photos Pod. I will give it a run when I get a chance. If you keep this up there will be traffic jams to the central west.

I might be able to create a little ballance and bring them back to Somerset.

I have a neighbour who spent 20 years, living an hour from Copeton and had to come up to SEQ to catch his first Yellobelly.

Good effort. Love that freshwater fishing.

Regards Gordon

Very nice Yellas there mate!

yer mate nice fish , nice and bulky they woulda given me a hard time tahts for sure!

Cammo
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons