Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TLD25 Vs Tyrnos 30

Re: TLD25 Vs Tyrnos 30

May you hear the drag scream often Phill!!!!

Cheers

Rhys

Good choice Phill , you will be amazed at how good the drags are. Good luck with it at agnes, im jealous.

Jas

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks Guys.

I have bought a Tyrnos 20 from an Aussie tackle shop. It will arrive in my post box in the next day or two.

I will be spooling it up with either 50 or 80lb McCoy braid and using a suitable backing. It will be married up to a Hastings 15-24kg fast taper custom rod.

This will be my main weapon at the Agnes Water / 1770 M & G later this year. Hoping to sort out a few Reds and Cobes on it.

Cheers Phill

G'day Phill

Just wondering what site you bought it off if you don't mind.

Cheers
    Paul

G'day

Good choice Phil, I also have a tyrnos 20.... you will be a happy man

Dave

Phill can I suggest you go with the 80lb braid. In my opinion 50lb is not strong enough and a lot of caution is required when a good fish is hooked. (light drag setting and a lot of rod work) A good Red won't give you an inch to start with and a quick head shake or turn will often make 50lb look like cotton. Go the 80lb braid with 10mtrs of 80 or 100lb mono as this will greatly increase your chance of seeing a big red flopping around on the deck.

Cheers,
    Greg

Yes,, Greg, I will be doing that. using 80lb McCoy braid and 80LB Penn 10X leader.

look out you red fish !!!!!!

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

thanks for the thread Phill, I am leaning towards the Tyrnos 20, I will go and see my contact at FTA for his opinion and best price

Greg you got me thinking about the heavier braid too, those reds are unbelievable in what they can break

how is the reel Phill have you got blood on it yet?

cheers Murf